FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

What's yer CPU?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> Tech Talk & Hardware Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenchymuyo2
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:42 pm GMT    Post subject: Poopie...had to re-register for being a lackey Reply with quote

My rig consists of a Athlon64 4000+, 1 Gig RAM (sorry, no x-x-x-x specs to tell you) running on an Abit Fata1ity AN8-SLI. The vid card is an eVGA 7800GT. Everything is running stock speeds, no OC'ing. So far I can run UT with everything at highest setting without the slightest frame drop. (Not that it helps my death count Rolling Eyes
feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:11 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha, to quote the game:

HOLY SPIT!!!!

yeah, well, get yerself off of that darn trackball, fire up an mx510 or mx1000 and start practicing - you'll be fraggin' yer workmate before you know it. Thumb

tenchymuyo2
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:36 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit I was tempted to pick up a 1000. I was at BJ's today and they were selling for $64.
tehswift(Co30)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:10 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

feldrewCo30 wrote:
ha, to quote the game:

HOLY SPIT!!!!

yeah, well, get yerself off of that darn trackball, fire up an mx510 or mx1000 and start practicing - you'll be fraggin' yer workmate before you know it. Thumb

hey now! there's nothing wrong with a trackball..I used to love mine (til I got my mx518) :o
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:13 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

tehswift(Co30) wrote:
feldrewCo30 wrote:
ha, to quote the game:

HOLY SPIT!!!!

hey now! there's nothing wrong with a trackball..I used to love mine (til I got my mx518) :o

I don't know how you did it Swift, you were amazing with that thing. I'd be lucky if I got myself into the game using a trackball Laughing
tehswift(Co30)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:06 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoe wrote:
tehswift(Co30) wrote:
feldrewCo30 wrote:
ha, to quote the game:

HOLY SPIT!!!!

I don't know how you did it Swift, you were amazing with that thing. I'd be lucky if I got myself into the game using a trackball Laughing

a lot of patience and cramping fingers lol..wasn't the most accurate thing with hitscan weapons..headshots were out of the picture, unless it was blind luck. I had an old school trackball too..not those ergonomical designs that they come out with now..it was easier to control as far as gaming with a trackball. The ball wasn't in an awkward spot, right on top of the mouse and both buttons were on either side of the ball. The buttons were oversized too so it was fairly easy Smilie
Kjartan
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:30 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I thought I'd join the general discussion . . . (still kind of a noobie with the hardware, but I'm trying to learn Razz)

CPU = Intel P4 3.6 GHz + Hyperthreading & 800MHz FSB
RAM = Crucial Ballistix 4x512MB @ 667 MHz
VidCard = ATI 850XT PCI express 256MB @ ? (don't rember the specs here and can't find the lit)
AudioCard = Creative Audigy 2ZS Plat Ed
HD = Seagate Barracuda 2x400GB SATA HDs @ 7,200 RPM
PowerSupply = Antec Truepower 2.0 550W power supply
Motherboard = can't find my spec sheet, but it's an Intel Smilie
Fans = All by Antec except for heatsink (a 120mm all-copper heatsink by Zalman)
Case = Antec Performance I P180 Silver

That about wraps it up for now!

Joker
Kjartan
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:10 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'Oh -- forgot to add:

mouse = Logitech laser G5
keyboard = Microsoft natural keyboard
monitor = 19" Samsung SyncMaster 997 CRT dot pitch = 0.20mm [email protected]~96kHz & [email protected]~160kHz
speakers = Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1
headphones by Phillips

Anyway that's about it!

Brief questions:

How many prefer laser to optical or vice versa for mice?

How many use "natural" keyboards vs. "traditional" keyboards? -- I moved to natural and now I'll NEVER go back to traditional keyboards.

Lastly: CRTs vs. LCDs -- who prefers which?

Clap
OLDMAN(Co30)
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:42 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

First question Optical mouse Razer Viper just like it a move from the ball mouse and not in the mood to try laser yet.

Question #2 Logitech Elite not much into keyboards but I do like the Merc Zboard if they made it for left handed people.

Question #3 Crt baby 21 inch Viewsonic G220f replaced an older ctx 21 inch when I won second place in the Monthly Newegg case mod contest.
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:35 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: "not in the mood to try laser yet."

Well, Oldman, it's not as big a jump as it is from roller ball to optical -- so you can safely hold off a bit. I also warn you -- laser mice are SO sensitive that it'll take a while to learn how to play and aim again (and some playing with your settings of course).

However, on the up side it does give you a feeling of control which isn't attainable without a laser.

Joker
Verchiel
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:04 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

My PC is all custom build and all i know is that i got a real top of the line POS MOBO with a wimpy 1.67 ghz processor and an ATI ABIT 9550-VGuru card (best peice in my entire machine...) but as soon as one peice fries i should get a whole new setup...

for some reason when we tried to slap in a 9800 Pro/XT (idk which it was[we have one of each lying around the house Smilie]) the MOBO couldnt accept the card... it was running like a gosh darn ATI 9000 series with real bad liquid effects to peoples faces in HL2 and everything... we thought our problem was that the car we put into it had a Power Supply cord... and being a TOTLPOS Mexican MOBO it just couldnt support that kind of power... and of course... the Processor is the same problem... my MOBO will not support anything better...

I think i get along with what i have besides the random MOBO failures

but for the Input Hardware i have an MX510 (when they first came out) and a Saitek Eclipse Black Back-lit keyboard...

For sound i have some old $h1tty Guitar Speakers...

and for a monitor lol i have a 22" Drafting monitor slapped up on my desktop... EVERYONE IS LIKE 7" TALL IN FRONT OF MY CROSSHAIRS! (head is about 1-2"[watch out Wink])

Server: SS Playground <-- Reg Weps/Insta Votables
ssadler
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:21 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is what I've got:

motherboard: DFI Lanparty Ultra-D
processor: AMD 3800+ X2 overclocked to 2.5GHz
RAM: 2 GB 250mHz FSB with 2.5-3-3 timing
video: Nvidia 6800gs

Co30 is my favorite site!! I really enjoy playin against the Co30 crew (even though I suck).
Groove{hLk}
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:17 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

specs

processor AMD A64 3500+ venice DH-E6 2.2ghz stock overclocked to 2.8ghz 267x10.5 OMG 1.45v

memory g.skill extreme ddr500 series tccd running 1:1 267x2 = 534 mhz effective 2.8vdimm

motherboard Epox 9NDA3 nforce3 chipset

video card evga 7800GS CO Edition 430/1300 stock overclocked 485/1500

sound card's ( i do alot of audio recording and editing www.burnstudios.com ) 4 m-audio delta 44's 103 db s/n a weighted 96khz sampling rate

optical drives nec dvd-rw
optorite cd-rw

4 120GB seagate barracuda's SATA running raid 0

case chieftec dragon modified a bit , 120mm fan in the side, 80mm on the hard drives, 80mm in the front 92mm in the rear and another 120 in the rear for exhaust.

cpu temp idle 29c on the stock cooler load 43c
gpu idle 40c load 55c.

3dmark05 8364 aqua mark III 91879

i pretty much use this thing for everything , games, browsing, and i make money with it in my humble little studio . but i am building another pc to record on with a spare mobo i have so i can just use this one to game with
next is phase change and hopefully 3.5ghz we shall see!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> Tech Talk & Hardware Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: