FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

Assault Rifle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:54 pm GMT    Post subject: Assault Rifle Reply with quote

Ah... The poor unloved bastard of UT2k4. Everybody whined about assault, and wanted the enforcers back, so that's what we got stuck with in UT3... The underpowered , ineffective dead weight :^(

Assault is a useful weapon, and takes the most skill of any to use effectively. On spawn, you should immediately start charging a grenade, and hold it. Spamming grenades, while mostly useless, also has the undesired effect of making the "pros" whine about grenade spam if they get hit by one. That's why competition servers have the obnoxious rule of having 1 grenade at spawn. We wouldn't want anybody to be able to comeback after getting fragged would we... :^/

So anyway, now that we have our grenade charged, we're gonna try to get in close for a frag. After some creative dodging, or maybe a stealthy approach from the back ;^), we'll light someone up with our grenade. It has a respectable 65+damage rating, as much or more than sniper rifle.

Now that we have gotten a hit with our grenade, we'll finish them off with bullets. Spray and pray doesn't work with this gun. The fire cone is horrific, and if you get any hits, it's purely luck. What you need to do is fire 1 bullet at a time, or a 3 round burst max. The first shot you make will always be perfectly on target. That means if your aim's good, every single bullet will hit home if you fire 1 at a time. So by shooting single shots, you'll take your opponent's health down 7 points per hit(same as mini). It doesn't take long to whittle them down at that rate. If you have 2 rifles, you're golden. It's a poor mans rocket launcher, and a minigun all in 2 easy to carry units. I'll use dual rifles in preference to mini every time.

So there you have it. The assault rifle is probably a better gun than you thought, and with practice you can become a 1337 master of this under appreciated weapon...

BLACK>SUNSHINE
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:30 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa!!!!
Haven't seen a "Zoe" post in a while! There may be hope for 2009 after all!!! When I ressurect my machine I will have to check that out. I had always thougt the though the assault rifle was thrown in cause a "sharp stick"or rock throwing would kill the feel of the game.That could explain my player rating....Seriously that is awsome info.
There is not much activity on the page here lately,I always check cause I think this is the last bastion of reason in the Gaming Universe, or in general @ times. Happy New year Zoe, and all Crusties.

is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:49 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year to you also BS :^)

I had been out of UT for a little while, only popping on the server for a couple of games or so. The break has renewed my appreciation for UT, and I expect to be on the server a good bit more than I have been.

Get that rig back online BS. I'd like to see you on the server again :^)

Hawkette
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:30 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow very useful information there Zoe. At first I thought it was going to talk about players that spawn and they immediately start firing the assault rifle at you, even when your not shooting at them to give them a chance, and they end up killing you! UGH! Rude. Hate that. But nice post. Thumb
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:12 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkette wrote:
Wow very useful information there Zoe. At first I thought it was going to talk about players that spawn and they immediately start firing the assault rifle at you, even when your not shooting at them to give them a chance, and they end up killing you! UGH! Rude. Hate that. But nice post. Thumb

Yea, I don't play that game anymore. I figure if they're shooting me with the assault rifle, they have the weapon they want, and I act accordingly. I've been taken out too many times by the AR to dismiss it out of hand.

If you see me with assault, I suggest you take me seriously, because I have a grenade charged, and I might have a stronger surprise waiting ;^)

To be continued...

Edit:
BTW, welcome to the forums Hawkette. It's good seeing you here :^)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> UT2004 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: