FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

Quad says wasup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quad
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:41 am GMT    Post subject: Quad says wasup Reply with quote

Hey all for those that remember me. I've played on your server a lot in the past, Even back in the early UT2003 days. I've been playing unreal DM since the original Unreal game.

I discovered TAM-freon a year ago and have been mostly playing that. mXc had a freon server but it went down and since then the only good one has been DAMNfreon. It just went down last night and hasn't come up. I was hoping it was just a server outage but it made me think that at any point the last good freon server may be gone for good. I rented a 14 slot server from gameservers.com in the Tampa datacenter but the connection wasn't great. It gives you 4 datacenter moves a month so i tried Atlanta. My avg ping to tampa was 80ms and atlanta 40, but when connecting to the game and looking at the server browser, the atlanta server was average responding at about 100ms. Which was the average ping in game for me as well.
Anyway....
I wish i could find out exactly what server company they were using so I could have a server that should be the same connection for myself and other as we have all been used to.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/8.9.3.141:7777/

I noticed the DAMN server has the first 2 octets of the IP the same as yours. What server company is this located at, and in what datacenter if anybody knows?

Thanks,
quad
Atvar(Co30)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:37 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Quad,

Our server is in the Chicago data center, and according to an IP look up site the server you mention above is owned Level 3 Communications:
http://www.level3.com/index.cfm?pageID=210

Hmm... the co30 server is also listed as owned by Level 3..., and that is not the company we are renting the server from (gamerservers.com), our company must be reselling.

MXC still has a Freon server:
208.167.243.106:7777
[MXC] MAXIMUM CARNAGE!!!
There is 9 people on there playing freon now.

Atvar - Curt
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:00 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cool!

I added their server by ip. I then went and looked at the server browser but dont see that server advertised. I can see the [mXc]WrathofKharn server but not the one running freon. Which is the problem i'm having now.
My server doesn't advertise while running tam or freon. Maybe its a known issue.

I was trying to get somebody to see it so maybe i could get some help to set it up the rest of the way. I'll try that mxc site later and see if theres some people on and ask too.

MyServer:
xxx---==={ LastStand*Freon* }===---xxx

Thanks!
Quad
tehswift(Co30)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:38 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your server still located in ATL? I'm in Nashville, TN so I'll hop on and check what kind of pings I get when playing there. I usually ping about 30-45 to ATL servers.
quad
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:41 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

It moved to Chicago.
but no one uses it, plus i found mxc has a freon server and the damn freon server is back on now. But if any of the last freon servers go down and but still have enough players, i'll prob get a server again and try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: