FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

UT3 Preview Comments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:23 am GMT    Post subject: UT3 Preview Comments Reply with quote

Recent comments translated from a Russian gamer who had some hands on UT3 play recently.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2326581&posted=1#post2326581

Yeah the lightening gun is gone! Clap
tehswift(Co30)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:51 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh..after reading all that, I'm not to enthused about it coming out. I like the dodge movements that 2k4 has. I'm also not a big fan of the 2k4 sniper rifle, so if they made it similar to that model, then imo hitscan is going to suck. I hope they at least add a trace to the bullet so you can see where you're firing.
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:09 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

tehswift(Co30) wrote:
Meh..after reading all that, I'm not to enthused about it coming out. I like the dodge movements that 2k4 has. I'm also not a big fan of the 2k4 sniper rifle, so if they made it similar to that model, then imo hitscan is going to suck. I hope they at least add a trace to the bullet so you can see where you're firing.

I feel just the opposite, I have never been overly skilled with all of the dodge jumps personally, so it should help my gameplay. I could take or leave the lightning gun, but what i'm sad to see go is the shield gun. Sounds like the game is going to have fairly modest system requirements too, (at least until the mappers get ahold of it and use real intense textures that will bog your machine down Wink ). It looks like the system I just built should run it ok Thumb (thank goodness).
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:09 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le sigh Crying or Very sad

tehswift(Co30)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:23 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the shield gun being gone doesn't sit well with me either, though I probably would have been OK with them taking the shield gun out if they wouldn't have nerfed the movement. Dodging was probably the thing I liked most about 2k4, mainly because it made battles that much more challenging. You couldn't really predict whether or not someone was going to dodge, dodge jump, wall dodge, or wall dodge jump. I don't know, I guess I'll just have to see how the game plays, but I feel like movements are going to be much more predictable and it's going to be almost impossible to get away from spam.
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:28 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

tehswift(Co30) wrote:
yeah the shield gun being gone doesn't sit well with me either, though I probably would have been OK with them taking the shield gun out if they wouldn't have nerfed the movement. Dodging was probably the thing I liked most about 2k4, mainly because it made battles that much more challenging. You couldn't really predict whether or not someone was going to dodge, dodge jump, wall dodge, or wall dodge jump. I don't know, I guess I'll just have to see how the game plays, but I feel like movements are going to be much more predictable and it's going to be almost impossible to get away from spam.

It looks like they are reducing the effective range of the flak cannon so that should help offset the manueverability some. The one good thing about the cult following that UT has is that if the movement is a real issue for a lot of players, someone will step up and make a mod to make it more enjoyable Wink .
tehswift(Co30)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:41 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain_Teabags wrote:

It looks like they are reducing the effective range of the flak cannon so that should help offset the manueverability some. The one good thing about the cult following that UT has is that if the movement is a real issue for a lot of players, someone will step up and make a mod to make it more enjoyable Wink .

yeah that's what I'm hoping for. Mods for dodging, LG and shield. That would be great. Only thing that sucks is, I'll have to find mod servers to play on all the time Wink
Groove{hLk}
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:49 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are making just like the first Unreal .. Which IMHO .. is better than ut99 2003 and 2004.. I cant wait till this game comes out.. maybe it will take more skill to play than 2004 does. Thumb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> UT3 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: