FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

Map Release - DM-1on1-Pathogen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:13 pm GMT    Post subject: Map Release - DM-1on1-Pathogen Reply with quote

After too many hours of learning and not enough modeling/architecture lessons I have an arena style map in the subtract cube mono chromatic newbie style of mapping folks hate so much, for release. It's my first and only most likely only release for UT2004. It does have some neat gadgetries that you haven't seen on other maps though. (imo).

http://www.co30.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=52&func=fileinfo&id=798

I hope some of you out there have fun with it. This map started as an experiment in mapping for me. This map started as DM-Pressure type remake that morphed over the versions... a lot of learning for movers, emitters, network emitters, texture importing. Bot pathing, lighting ... I certainly have new found respect for the mappers who pump these things out with new static meshes and custom textures. The map is small so the "1on1" designation was added but it will play with 2-6 ok. More than that is chaos.

Feedback is welcome (good or bad) - remember I'm a mapping newbie Wink I'll probably have another go with UT3 if it ever gets released. Some animation/shake effects only work offline, but all the emitters work on and offline.

Cheers,
b][rch(Co30)[/url]

Last edited by birch on Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:29 pm GMT; edited 1 time in total
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:31 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work b][rch Thumb That's a fun little map, but the deemer OMG That's probably for the best. More maps should make it that tricky Wink

birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:02 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I uploaded it a couple of other places today as well (nalicity and unrealplaygrounds) to see how it does on the downloads. Judging by the chilly reception at forums.epicgames.com it probably won't fair so well.... but it's off my "to do" list . Hope a few folks have/had fun on it. Thumb
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:14 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Map Thumb
feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:44 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

screw em - I like it - but I still can't find the goodies you mentioned. Thumb

birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:32 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Keely or Michelle will appear on the TV screen if you shoot the right things in the same room with enough damage. Wink
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:53 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

birch wrote:
Well Keely or Michelle will appear on the TV screen if you shoot the right things in the same room with enough damage. Wink

I found them, but who are they?

birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:03 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple of well rounded http://www.page3.com girls from across the pond.
prograham
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:13 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did I just find this?? Looks awesome! I'll give it a play and report back. Just from the ss it definitely looks of a much higher caliber than a typical 1st map.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> UT2004 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: