FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

Beer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:06 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently using an auto drip maker. I have an old Hamilton Beach percolator that I'm rather fond of also. I use the auto drip because it was a present, and it's also a little more convenient. I think I prefer the percolator though.

The best way to make coffee imo is either steamed, or French pressed. Both of those methods are more labor intensive as far as cleaning and all goes. They also don't make the large volumes that you get with auto drip or perc. The flavor is unbeatable though. I'll use both of those methods on occasion, but that's more for a dessert drink. I generally like lots of coffee, so I use the standard makers most.

I haven't used the kind that drips into a carafe, but I imagine it protects the flavor better than keeping it on heat constantly. I've used thermal carafes in the past, but one real problem I've had is dropping them. The ones I had used a glass vacuum bottle, and they don't take much abuse before they break Crying or Very sad I got tired of replacing the bottles, so I quit using them. I just turn the coffee off after an hour or so, then I'll drink it cold until the pot's gone. That might be a reason of concern if you're thinking of getting that type maker. They may make some that have a steel bottle for insulation (like the professional thermos'), but when I was looking at them previously, most were glass.

Groove{hLk}
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh good subject. Right now i am on a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale kick. However i do favor Belgian beer like Chimay, brewed by trappist monks man is it good. Also Hennepin is very good, its from New York and bottle conditoned. For coffee you guys need to order some from Boca Java here in Florida http://www.bocajava.com/ you will get your roasted just days before it arrives at your door! so so good, and so many flavors to choose from.

I will leave you with a pic of my favorite drinking device and a tastey beverage!
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:16 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a hip stein Thumb Good beer choice also. I haven't gotten Sierra in awhile. There's so many good beers now. Remember when the choices for a premium beer were Becks, and Budweiser Laughing Now there's tons to choose from. It's a good time to be a beer drinker Smilie

Groove{hLk}
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:33 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is a good time to be a beer drinker Wink .. Last night i had a bottle of Chimay Red http://www.chimay.com/en/chimay_red_218.php
and some Pilser Urquell really good Czech beer, infact they invented the pilsner as we know it http://www.pilsnerurquell.com/

I am thinking about getting my own brewing kit and try to make my own beer . But there are so many to choose from i cant make up my mind.
Hook2h8
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:48 pm GMT    Post subject: Samuel Adams Boston Lager Reply with quote

That is my favorite beer when I truly want to enjoy one. When I am just making em disappear I am all about the Bud Light. No taste to ruin the buzz Smilie Other ones I suggest besides Guinness, one called Murphys Irish Stout, tastes like a Guinness but better. A good overall beer is Killians Irish Red. I used to be a Manager at Bennigans when we had 110 diff beers including 30 on tap. If anyone wants to know a specific style that is good just ask. I had to do a beer tasting at a local distributor. 2 Ounce shots, how many I really don't remember. I passed out in my car for 5 hours. One beer I remember to avoid like the plague is Sing Ha from China. The line from Good Morning Vietnam(formalde hyde for flava) comes to mind. Instant headache, nasty nasty stuff.
feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:04 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groove{hLk} wrote:
Yes it is a good time to be a beer drinker Wink .. Last night i had a bottle of Chimay Red http://www.chimay.com/en/chimay_red_218.php
and some Pilser Urquell really good Czech beer, infact they invented the pilsner as we know it http://www.pilsnerurquell.com/

I am thinking about getting my own brewing kit and try to make my own beer . But there are so many to choose from i cant make up my mind.

I have a pal who started brewing his own beer last year. The contemporary wisdom he was told is to start out with something kind of common, so you can't screw it up too badly, and then when you're comfortable with the process, you can start to learn how to tweak your brew. This place is literally five minutes from my house, they're very helpful; unfortunately, their website is down right now (not sure why, they're still very much in business and the staff really know their stuff):

www.beercrafters.com

tehswift(Co30)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:56 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groove{hLk} wrote:
Ahhh good subject. Right now i am on a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale kick. However i do favor Belgian beer like Chimay, brewed by trappist monks man is it good. Also Hennepin is very good, its from New York and bottle conditoned. For coffee you guys need to order some from Boca Java here in Florida http://www.bocajava.com/ you will get your roasted just days before it arrives at your door! so so good, and so many flavors to choose from.

I will leave you with a pic of my favorite drinking device and a tastey beverage!

Yeah I had Chimay a couple of weeks ago. I can't remember which one it was exactly but it is definitely a good beer as well. I'll have to give the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale a try, never had any Sierra Nevada products before. Groove have you tried the Delirium products before? There's Tremens and Nocturnum, both belgian ale's and both very good though I prefer Nocturnum over Tremens. If you haven't, then you should give them a try especially if you like Chimay.
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:22 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about getting into making some home brew, anybody got any experience, tips, etc?
feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:05 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

advice -

I've got a buddy who brews his own. Best thing is to have a store nearby that can not only sell you what you need but guide you through the process. It's amazing what the local beer-meisters can share with you in wisdom and experience.

these guys are a mile from my house, so my bud came over here to this side of the state just to visit their store and pick up supplies:

http://www.beercrafters.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: