FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

Hey Crusty's
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:14 pm GMT    Post subject: Hey Crusty's Reply with quote

Some of you already know, but I have joined the [toj.cc] "Tribe of Judah" clan. They are a good bunch of guys like you guys here on (Co30). They do very little in the way of clan stuff and are more of a gaming community. Because of this they allow guys to have dual memberships in other clans. All that to say this, I have really enjoyed playing with you guys here at Co30 for the last year or so. You guys have been very helpful and you taught me everything I know about UT2k4. You have nurtured me from a fresh newbie to a slightly more skilled newbie Smilie . I know that you only seldom add new members and only by invitation, so I will make my feelings known to you. If for some reason you guys were ever to want to invite me to be a Crusty, I am willing and able and would be honored to do so. Wink
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:26 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the clan membership Tea Thumb I saw the tag from the status page when you were playing earlier, but I wasn't on to ask you myself.

I Googled the tag and found some of your forum posts. Those servers that one guy plays are pretty tough OMG I haven't checked them out myself, but they have a reputation for very high level play. I'll have to look into them sometime when I'm in the mood for a thorough ass whipping Laughing

Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:03 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know the guy you are talking about, LANDSLiDE::LOB::. He is one of the guys that has dual membership in the LOB and TOJ clans. I haven't played against him yet, but I can imagine it will be kind of like playing against Hook or Refl3x. You know, if they see you and you are too close to run away you might as well pick out your headstone Laughing .
is a Nali Poster

Location: Buffalo,NY. A drinking town with a football problem

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain_Teabags wrote:
I think I know the guy you are talking about, LANDSLiDE::LOB::. He is one of the guys that has dual membership in the LOB and TOJ clans. I haven't played against him yet, but I can imagine it will be kind of like playing against Hook or Refl3x. You know, if they see you and you are too close to run away you might as well pick out your headstone Laughing .

[+sarcasm]yeah, more of those guys. That'll be fun. [-sarcasm]

/shoots self in face. Twice
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:07 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah those LOB guys are scary, been on there 3 or 4 times and had my butt handed to me, but then again I suck 1v1 anyways...........anyone good with a shock or lg pwns me 1v1..............

Congrats Tea!
ref13x
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:20 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain_Teabags wrote:
, but I can imagine it will be kind of like playing against Hook or Refl3x. You know, if they see you and you are too close to run away you might as well pick out your headstone Laughing .

Oh c'mon...I just spam alot! Razz Those LOB guys are are tough...you may get thumped at first...but your game is definitely going to improve. Make sure you come hang out with us lowly clanless guys (ok..just me I guess)when you get a chance!
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:55 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

ref13x wrote:
Those LOB guys are are tough...you may get thumped at first...but your game is definitely going to improve. Make sure you come hang out with us lowly clanless guys (ok..just me I guess)when you get a chance!

I'm not in "LOB" I'm in "TOJ", just that one guy Landslide has membership both in "TOJ" and "LOB". You aren't lowly clan guys, and I intend to spend plenty of time getting killed by you guys. I know what you mean about those guys in LOB, I went there for the first time a couple of days ago and I left with my tail between my legs after I died 20 times and killed nobody. They sure take it seriously.
ref13x
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:19 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain_Teabags wrote:
You aren't lowly clan guys,

clanLESS....and shhh...I'm trying to drum up sympathy votes here! Cool
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:17 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Reflex - a suggestion. You are an excellent player and appear to be quit tech savvy. Why not start your own clan? You would probably attract a fair number of very fine fraggers to your crew. Thumb

ref13x
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:41 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

feldrewCo30 wrote:
Yo Reflex - a suggestion. You are an excellent player and appear to be quit tech savvy. Why not start your own clan? You would probably attract a fair number of very fine fraggers to your crew. Thumb

After being in numerous clans, I have come to realize that it's really not important how fine of a fragger the person is. What's important is that you get along with everyone who is in the clan. HTM was a fine clan...but they were into a lot of different game modes than I was and I rarely seen any of them or played with any of them (except war). They were also starting to bring in some questionable members (read questionable as assholes) that weren't the type of people I wanted to be fragging with or associated with.

I don't start my own clan because it would a chore to me. There's a big difference between running a clan and being a member of a clan. And even if I turned over the task of running it to someone else, I would still feel a measure of responsibility to make sure each and everyone in the clan does a good job or representing the clan. Then there's things like websites, personality conflicts, and all that other jazz. Nope...starting a clan is not on my agenda.

One other thing about being in so many other clans, is that i now know how to spot the good ones from the bad ones, and you guys probably have the finest group of people I have ever fragged with. So all that being said, I'll either wait for an invite from you guys or I'll remain clanless. As much as i'd like an invite, I'm not expecting it as I'm sure i've ruffled someones feather over the past 7-8 years. I have fragged with you guys ever since I've been playing UT and I will continue to so until I'm done playing UT. So regardless, you're not getting rid of me anytime soon. Smilie
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:05 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

ref13x wrote:
One other thing about being in so many other clans, is that i now know how to spot the good ones from the bad ones, and you guys probably have the finest group of people I have ever fragged with. So all that being said, I'll either wait for an invite from you guys or I'll remain clanless. As much as i'd like an invite, I'm not expecting it as I'm sure i've ruffled someones feather over the past 7-8 years. I have fragged with you guys ever since I've been playing UT and I will continue to so until I'm done playing UT. So regardless, you're not getting rid of me anytime soon. Smilie

I echo those sentiments Ref. I only applied for membership in my new clan because they allow for dual membership in other clans, In the hopes that someday I would recieve an invite from the Crusty Crew Wink . I applied with [toj.cc] because they are a "Christian clan", and being a Christian myself I thought it would be cool to get hooked up with other Christian game addicts Smilie .
ref13x
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:44 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

feldrewCo30 wrote:

Was this a polite way of teling me I have no chance? Razz
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:35 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have a chance!
ref13x
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:46 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agon(Co30) wrote:
You don't have a chance!

OMG...you're still alive!! Dude...come play sometime! What have you been doing? Is life so busy that you don't have a few minutes to spare for a beatdown on UT? C'mon man...have some courtesy for your fellow players!

Seriously though, nice to see that you still check in from time to time. Come out with the kids and play when you get a chance.
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:12 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to drop my [toj.cc] clan tag for now. TOJ's unreal tournament chapter is all but dead. Most of them play WOW, Guild Wars, xbox, wii & stuff now. Their are only about 4 seldomly active members and they hardly ever play. Things may pick back up when UT3 comes out. I will keep my membership in the Christain Gamers Alliance (TOJ's parent organization) regardless of whether or not I continue with their UT chapter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: