FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

DM-2019-XS-2006

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLACK>SUNSHINE
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:04 pm GMT    Post subject: DM-2019-XS-2006 Reply with quote

I recently check out this map after watching Blade Runner for the first time in many years. The author explained that this was not a playable map. Because of my extream Noobishness to all things Unreal, The ureal editor is a little beyound Me. I was wondering (a) What if anything do you all think of this map ? (b)Is it possible to modify it without infridging on the authors rights ? You guys do a great job providing playable, fun maps on the server. This map is irrelevant for server play but is kinda cool for the instant action thing. If you check it out be sure to checkout all the hidden stuff it's kinda fun.
Thanks, expiring minds need to know.
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:38 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the movie Bladerunner. Clap

We could modify any map, with/without authors permission to make it a Co30 only map. Uploading it to any map site would be a giant no-no. If you were polite you'd ask their permission regardless.

This map brings my pc to a crawl and takes minutes to load. I get all of 10-30fps on it. I've poked around it before, it's an amazing map. I can't fathom the work that went into it. A thousand custom textures. Hundreds of lights, triggers, meshes etc boggles the mind.

I'm on a AMD XP 2400+ 1Gb mem, ATI9800Pro. Pretty trailing edge stuff. I'm sure some newer rigs might have no problem with it. Me i can barely load it.
BLACK>SUNSHINE
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:18 am GMT    Post subject: Thanks. Reply with quote

My cpu kinda gave me" The Finger of Lag" as well. I had fun with the blaster and all but I guess there's a good reason it's not a playable map.I'm in the "infant' stages of building a new rig in preps for UT2007, maybe that'll be a good test. I'll probably be posting alot of weird questions. This will be My first project. If you hear of a large EMP blast in FL that would be Me. (hehe) Thanks for the info.
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:57 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fun map to play in. I checked it out a bit last night, but I need to spend some more time there.

Check out DM-Goatswoodplay http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=3207 also by Angelheart. This maps very cool, it's also playable as a puzzle solving game. Make sure you read the readme.txt for important information and tips. This might be hard on your comp, but it's well worth the play if you can. Also, make sure you set match length to 0, and 0 bots. This isn't a map to frag in Wink

feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:27 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

yikes, I remember both of those maps - the first one brought my old config to a jittery crawl but it was a beautiful map, just too feature/texture rich.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> UT2004 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: