FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

The quad cores are coming, the quad cores are coming!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> Tech Talk & Hardware Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kjartan
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:38 am GMT    Post subject: The quad cores are coming, the quad cores are coming! Reply with quote

Hey,
To all interested in quad cores, here's a link to a short article at pcgamer.

http://www.pcgamer.com/archives/2006/09/92906_-_the_cor.html

Joker
birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:28 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quad core ... hmm ... until i can start doing 4 things at once, not required for my needs. Dual core stuff looks good for the near future. Not much multithreaded game content out there. With Unreal3 Engine becoming the norm for a lot of new game titles i think it will be some time down the road before any game takes full advantage of Quad-cores.

This deal would be nice if they shipped to Canada. Hell i'd consider this a worthy upgrade.
http://promotions.newegg.com/amd/amd_fx55/index.html?CMP=AFC-Hardocp.com
Kjartan
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:01 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow,

That's a sweeet deal -- makes me wish I needed that chip!!! ;P

Joker
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:06 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be more interested in quad core after a year or two. I think it's probably a waste of money at this point, but there's huge potential for handling periphery tasks that are now taken care of by a single cpu, or discrete cards. Eg. integrated gfx, physics comps, sound processing, or multi tasking with several multi threaded apps.

The days of huge speed increases are over, but with multi core cpus becoming the standard, software will be trickier to write, but the efficiency should grow exponentially Thumb

OLDMAN(Co30)
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:53 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iam with you Zoe way to early for me. Only after the reviews,Games, lower cost and forum bitching will I start to look.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> Tech Talk & Hardware Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: