FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

Any deer hunters out there?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:10 pm GMT    Post subject: Any deer hunters out there? Reply with quote

Hello all, I was wondering if any of you guys are deer hunters. I personally have had a slow season. I have not seen very many this year so far in my usual hunting spots. Did any of you guys have a fruitful hunting season? Right now it is muzzleloader season in Michigan. My wife got me a muzzleloader for an early Christmas present. When seasons over I will have to clean it up ad let her wrap it. While still obsessed with landing a deer this year I gave up the chance to get a new computer for Christmas in order to get the new gun instead. So much for being able to play ut2k7 right away when it comes out. I'll have to get set up with a new computer at income tax time instead.
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:16 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a little bit of hunting years ago but not really anymore. I have a hard time finding the time, and nobody I know is really into it, so it's hard to keep up interest.

Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:59 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got into hunting again during the 2005 season. So I am not very experienced at it yet. I think I just enjoy getting away from the suburbs and sitting out in the woods and watching the wildlife. It is nice to get away from everyone and enjoy the peace and quiet. I turkey hunt as well. I haven't got one yet, but I will keep trying. They aren't as dumb a bird as some people claim.
birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:07 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

My in-laws are from hunter/killer blood line my side of the family not so much. Suburbs of southern Ontario not so much hunting going on. The in-laws however hunting is a part of their upbringing. They even have they're own couple of hundred acres as a family with a hunt camp on it. Moose, deer, pheasants, fishing, squirrels on the picnic table ... Shocked

They hunt much for the same reasons as you, they don't "need" to hunt but it's their lifestyle to do so.

Do you guys in the US have to get a permit to bag a deer ? Up here they have lotteries for Moose tags (permit to kill one) i'm not sure if they have the same restrictions for deer though. Several guys in the camp all apply for tags, that way if they get one or two "tags", the group has the right to at least shoot something while they're in the hunt camps.
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:57 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

birch wrote:

Do you guys in the US have to get a permit to bag a deer ? Up here they have lotteries for Moose tags (permit to kill one) i'm not sure if they have the same restrictions for deer though. Several guys in the camp all apply for tags, that way if they get one or two "tags", the group has the right to at least shoot something while they're in the hunt camps.

You need to have a permit, but they're pretty much there for the asking. In Maryland at least, there's a huge deer population that needs to be thinned due to lost habitat. Hardly a day goes by where I don't see one dead in the road. I've had them in my backyard also, and there really isn't much significant woods left close to me.

I don't remember the last time I've seen a pheasant. I bet it's been almost 15 years Crying or Very sad There's been way too much development in my area. It's a far different world than what I grew up in, and none of the changes have been for the better.

Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:49 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Michigan deer hunting is open to all who want to hunt. During bow season you can take one antlered or antlerless deer, during firearm season you can take one antlered deer, or you can get a "combo" licence to take 2 deer during either season as long as at least one of them is a 4 point or more. You can also put in for a lottery to take additional does. Turkey hunting is by a lottery system still, the DNR is still trying to replenish the species. They all died out in the upper and lower peninsulas a few decades ago, due to snow and ice storms, at least I think that is why. Since then they planted them in a few state game areas around the state back in the 70's, and now they are everywhere. You can still find a few pheasants around here, but not at all like there used to be. There are pheasant farms where the pheasants are stocked regularly. Some of them are expensive and others are reasonable. It would be cheaper to go to the store a buy a chicken, but what's the fun in that.
feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:11 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live near Camden, NJ, voted the most dangerous city in America last year - so there's 'huntin' going on all the time there. You drive through the place and DO NOT stop at stop signs or red lights - too easy a target.

I don't hunt myself, but have a lot of students here in Southern New Jersey who do hunt. Like Zoe, lots of deer, diminishing habitat - they take out a lot of cars hopping across roads and highways.

ref13x
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:33 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deer are evil. Please come to Iowa and take out as many as the law will let you. Razz
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:43 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that one cool thing about hunting is that it is a little like UT. I go out with my trusty 12ga flak cannon or my .243 sniper rifle. Luckily the deer don't shoot back. Smilie As for coming to Iowa, I am like deer repelant. Maybe I could come out there to scare them away for you, because I don't have much luck shooting them.
ref13x
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:11 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain_Teabags wrote:
As for coming to Iowa, I am like deer repelant. Maybe I could come out there to scare them away for you.

Just send me one of your fingers in the mail and I'll strap it to the fender on my motorcycle. Maybe that'll be sufficient. Smilie
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:16 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

ref13x wrote:
Just send me one of your fingers in the mail and I'll strap it to the fender on my motorcycle. Maybe that'll be sufficient. Smilie

Why don't I just send you a picture of my finger by email instead?
tenchymuyo2
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:46 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a neat mod for UT07. The Deer Hunting mod...except these deer are rabid mutants and you are covered in buck lure. Better shoot quick!
feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:51 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I definitely think it would be more interesting if the deer WERE armed, semi-auto's, laser sight and scope, some night-vision goggles. yeah, that'd be fair....... Smilie

is a Nali Poster

Location: Buffalo,NY. A drinking town with a football problem

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:30 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think deer prefer nun-chuks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: