FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

Updated my map at UP, take a look.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
is a Nali Poster

Location: Buffalo,NY. A drinking town with a football problem

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:17 am GMT    Post subject: Updated my map at UP, take a look. Reply with quote

Updated my map. It's almost ready for Bot Pathing and release. Oh yeah, and sounds. Gonna need a lot of sounds.
Also a few more rooms to decorate and a new skybox to make. but check out the pics here at Unrealplayground.

There's anew Download link too if you want to look around inside the map thus far. It is playable now, just no Bot Pathing yet.

http://forums.unrealplayground.com/showthread.php?t=43376
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:40 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

question:

can you place things - ammo, powerups, health - in mid-air?

It'd be kinda cool if part of the challenge of the map was to fly through th air and catch them. I recall that the longest yard map did that, we used to play that on our server.

Nutty idea, for sure - but it might add a unique dimension to the map, eh?

birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:04 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good. Glad you got rid of the floor lights. Couple of things - the pillars behind the upper damage amp you can see through from behind. Collision and blocking are there though so no real advantage to hiding in there. No blocking volumes on the windows yet Very Happy

I find adding sounds to be one of the harder things to make a map feel right. Bot pathing is easy stuff.

Looks like it will be a good one. Thumb
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:18 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a couple of my noobish suggestions:

Move shock to lg location. gives the big shield extra danger

Move lightning to easy dd pickup. that's a nice overlook for sniping

Put an assault rifle pickup where shock is now. Because you need something there if you move the shock Razz

That's a very nice map. It's good fun with the bots. I can't wait to play it with real people Clap

OLDMAN(Co30)
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:15 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoe wrote:
Here's a couple of my noobish suggestions:

Move shock to lg location. gives the big shield extra danger

Move lightning to easy dd pickup. that's a nice overlook for sniping

Put an assault rifle pickup where shock is now. Because you need something there if you move the shock Razz

That's a very nice map. It's good fun with the bots. I can't wait to play it with real people Clap

O great Zoes waxing his shock rifle for some fragging, but where do we find these real people.
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:15 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

All very good ideas Zoe. I swapped the Sniper to a Shok, and then,..um... what did I do next?... Shocked damn I'm scatter-brained. Oh, I put the Ltg up where the Amp was overlooking the main floor areas. I may still go in a jumble up the weapon / ammo layout altogether.

I couldn't decide on a skybox theme, so I dumped the whole thing into the ocean. I started kind of wandering into a theme, and as far as I can tell, it's starting to look like an ocean floor oil refinery.

This'll be fun I think when I start creating the sound environment. I'm going to look for the creepy, pressurized steel groans, and creeks and maybe put a few leaks and watery swishy type noises.

I still hate the oil texture, and I don't know how to make it more of a flat black coloration. I don't want it to look as bright and "unlit" as it is. (it's technically not unlit,..but it looks that way... it's annoying.)
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:18 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated the pics, and the map itself is done (until I take into account final feedback and all), BUT....

I haven't uploaded what I've fiished yet, as I'm waiting to hear from Slainchild about using his lift-meshes from his DM-UCMP3-Glorian map. I really want to make sure it's ok with him or whoever made them before I go any further with them in my map.

http://forums.unrealplayground.com/showthread.php?t=43376

Check out the new pics though. Wink on page 4 iirc.
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:16 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good 213. I can't wait to play it Thumb

OLDMAN(Co30)
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:29 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

213 slips Oldman a cup of coffee under the table and puff his map appears on the server.
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:38 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLDMAN(Co30) wrote:
213 slips Oldman a cup of coffee under the table and puff his map appears on the server.

Here's that cup of joe. The BETA is finally up and ready for full playtesting and feedback. Smilie

DownLoad Linkage:
Look for DM-Elric[BETA] either in the Beta section on UnrealPlayground, OR grab it from my user profile page. Neither direct link seems to work on UP. They keep linking to the main page. Mad

Please let me know what you guys and gals think. I can't get any better if people keep being all nicey. Smilie
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:20 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the best critic for mapping issues, but I don't see any problems so far. I think it plays well, and has a nice appearance. I'll give it a few more plays when I get a chance, but I think it's ready to go Thumb

tehswift(Co30)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:12 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaah, I love the map 213. Just my type of map. Only thing I don't like is the two damage amps. I like the one damage amp that you have to lift jump to, but the other damage amp I feel is overkill. We'll end up having two amped players running around slaughtering everybody. Maybe put a 50 shield there or something. Other than that though, the map looks fantastic. I can't wait to see the final product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> UT2004 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: