FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

My best E6600 overclock at stock voltage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> Tech Talk & Hardware Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:28 pm GMT    Post subject: My best E6600 overclock at stock voltage Reply with quote

I finally maxed out my E6600 using more or less default voltage. Stock speed is 2.4ghz. I've got 3.33ghz, Orthos stable, 57C max temp at load. Default voltage is 1.35V, I've set it to 1.375V, but do to voltage droop it's at 1.36V.

That's a pretty nice overclock without really doing much. I think I'm going to leave it there until the computer gets a little old. After that I'll go all out and try for the highest overclock I can get. I may try to tighten up my memory timings a bit more, but I don't think that'll make as much of a difference as it did with the P4s.

Complete specs:

Asus P5W-DH Deluxe
Intel E6600 @ 3.33ghz 1.375V
2gb Crucial Ballistix 4-4-4-12 2.1V
Thermalright XP-90c
EVGA 7900gs 550/700
Soundblaster Xfi fatal1ty
320gb Seagate hd
160gb Hitachi hd
Lite-On DVD drive
NEC DVD drive
ATI TV Wonder tv tuner card
Some kind of Creative 5.1 speaker system, it's getting pretty old now.

OLDMAN(Co30)
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:04 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed, you made a sweet system. Thumb
Groove{hLk}
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:44 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet system Zoe, ive been seeing some of the guys on overclock.net get those 6600's up to 4ghz with a little more voltage, and yeah those core 2 duo's like ram speed more than tighter timings. Im torn on building one of these, i see amd is coming out with multi socket quad core. But i know thats going to cost alot of money.. The kentsfied looks promising to but again its pretty expensive. Download superpi im curious to see what kind of times your getting. Congrats on the nice system and nice OC. If you ever need anyhelp you should check out www.overclock.net those guys are amazing and very nice. Clap
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:39 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

My SuperPI score is 16m 48.078s [32m]

From what I've read Intel will have the performance edge for the forseeable future. If you need a new system now I'd get theC2D. If your fine for the time being I'd look at the chip after Kentsfield. Quad cores should be a little more mature then, and maybe some applications will be able to use the extra cores.

Groove{hLk}
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:08 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run the 1meg superpi for me , these two are currently the fastest conroes on oc.net

11 Secs
ncsa :11.250s / Asus P5B Deluxe / X6800 @ 4476 MHz / 4-4-4-5 (2:3) / Vapo LS
Sdumper :11.312s /ASUS P5W64/x6800 @ 4.516/G.Skill PC6400 4/4/4/9 1:1

my setup gets 32 seconds :/ .. which is pretty good considering i beat out some p4 extremes Razz .. but man that c2d is looking mighty tempting

The cpu's are pretty cheap, its the mobo's and ram that are expensive , because i would get some ddr2 1000mhz ram for some serious overhead

and i thought i had seen some 6600's in the 4ghz range but i was wrong, those are the 6700 and 6800

but heres what you can shoot for
13 Secs
Sdumper 13.094s /Asus p5w dh deluxe/E6600 @ 3.897ghz/ 4-4-4-10 1:1 ratio/ big typhoon

same motherboard as you , get a phase change setup on that thing and im sure it would hit 4.5 Razz
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:39 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the 1meg I got 15.891s. Some of the colling setups other people have are crazy. I could see water cooling at some point, but phase change is a little too exotic for me. I think those are more for the geek drag racers than for everyday use Smilie

Groove{hLk}
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:51 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah some of those guys are pretty insane, phase is pretty exotic . but watercooling is becoming more mainstream, those guys use those rigs mostly for folding http://folding.stanford.edu/ to crank out insane work units. i use my two other pc's for folding as well. I would love to have a watercooled setup, it would be alot quiter than the 7 fans i have on my case right now. But it stays really cool, i have a scythe ninja cpu cooler, i even lapped the surface of it and took my internal heat speader off of my 3500 , that alone brought my temps down 5 degrees on load. But overclock.net is a great place to learn about anything related to a pc. Have you seen the new nvidia DX10 cards? the 8800GT? and 8800GTX due out the end of nov.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> Tech Talk & Hardware Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: