FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

FEAR COMBAT, is a free download!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Groove{hLk}
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:46 am GMT    Post subject: FEAR COMBAT, is a free download! Reply with quote

http://www.joinfear.com/main

yeap no catch, sierra made the multiplayer part to FEAR a free download , you need to register to get a cd key in the email then you just download install and play! .. its pretty fun .. the graphics and physics are amazing
highly recomended

ps its 1.8 gb
birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:05 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up Groove, downloaded it overnight and giving it a go today. Do not remember the demo running that well for me but nothing to lose it is free. Only real info you need to give is a valid email addy. Thumb
birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll i'm disappointed so far in the FEAR experience ... one online game attempt, textures started going black on me then the sound died Crying or Very sad Doesn't run that well on my PC and the system auto setup knocked me down to 800x600 graphics. Even at that it was choppy. Rather a "Counter Strike" style of game play too from what i saw.

I think I prefer the "unrealism" of UT - Run and gun, bunny hopping madness Clap

I was impressed with the real time lighting, shooting a flourescent light making it swing, all the shadows rendering in real time. Good stuff. Just need a better PC i guess. Confused
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:12 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

birch wrote:

I think I prefer the "unrealism" of UT - Run and gun, bunny hopping madness Clap

That's my opinion also. Now that I have cable there's no more bandwidth restrictions to the games I can play online. When I sit here and try to think of something I'd like to play though, I draw a blank. I own most of the big mp fps', but I like them for the sp campaigns and have little desire to play them with other people.

Which brings me to one of by big gaming aggravations... It seems as though mappers have gotten out of creating sp missions for the big games. HL, and RTCW had some great user created content, but I haven't really seen that for any of the newer games. Everybody's making mp maps and ignoring the sp aspect. I think sp is the paragon of the mappers craft, combining an interesting story, good graphics and gameplay.

One of the best mods I played was "They Hunger" for the original HalfLife. That had a pretty good story, and was very creepy considering the limitations of game engine. I would love to see that redone for HL2.

is a Nali Poster

Location: Buffalo,NY. A drinking town with a football problem

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:20 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoe, go here:

http://www.blackwidowgames.com/

they Hunger is coming to souce and HL2 soon. Smilie

I myself have been chomping at the bit waiting this exquisite masterpiece of zombienessisityness.

I like zombies.

alot.

I also have the full version of F.E.A.R. I love the game, I just wish I had a better CPU to run it on. I've tweaked the settings and stuff the best I can, and I LOVE the single player campaign. I also like the multiplayer, and occasionally when I get fed up with Unreal I play FEAR DM for a while to kind of take a break and play a game that's less reflexes intensive.
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:04 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

TCMP-213 wrote:
Zoe, go here:

http://www.blackwidowgames.com/

they Hunger is coming to souce and HL2 soon. Smilie

I myself have been chomping at the bit waiting this exquisite masterpiece of zombienessisityness.

I like zombies.

alot.

That's sweet Clap It's a shame it won't be free, but I'll definitely have to get it. I was fairly disappointed in HL2. It seemed to be a shadow of the former game. With the release of They Hunger I guess I'll have to reinstall Hl2(and go through the tedious update routine Crying or Very sad ) so I can play it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: