FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

for drew

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> Tech Talk & Hardware Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Groove{hLk}
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:49 am GMT    Post subject: for drew Reply with quote

ok bud heres the skinny on installing drivers the correct way.
first you need a program called driver cleaner pro. dont worry its not malicious or spyware .. i have it hosted on my ftp for people to download
www.burnstudios.com/dc.zip ok install that but dont use it yet.

now if your using the drivers that came with your 6800's cd they are way old . that card came out 2 years ago.

get these drivers http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1282
these are 81.98's and with these i reached my highest 3dmark scores when i had my 6800 ..

ok now..

uninstall your current drivers
reboot into safe mode
go into program files and find the dc pro folder and click on the dc pro icon
select nvidia and run the cleaner

reboot

install new drivers

reboot once more

voila your done Clap

this is the right way to install driver, installing drivers over older drivers really mucks up things and slows the performance down.

after you get that done we can work on overclocking your card Wink

hope this helps
feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:44 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groove, thank you for taking the time to explain that so clearly. Will do when I get the chance (this is a busy, busy weekend). I'd read of so many folks (on the EVGA forums) having problems w/ their 6800 drivers, I figured, hey, if it works with the stock release drivers, just go with it. I think I'll pass on the overclocking, however; as the rest of the crew would attest, this is not just my computer but the shared one with my wife. If I fried it up good, there'd be more than HELL to pay, for sure Pound Vomit Pound Vomit Pound Vomit Pound Vomit

Thanks again.

Groove{hLk}
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:03 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problemo!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> Tech Talk & Hardware Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: