FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

Co30 migration to UT2007?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:48 pm GMT    Post subject: Co30 migration to UT2007? Reply with quote

I would like to say that I have really been enjoying your server. You guys have been very helpful at trying to improve my game (especially Zoe and Oldman). I like being able to play UT without all of the foul language that you get on some servers, especially with young kids in the house. Keep up the good work. I also have a question. When UT2007 comes out how is that going to work? Are you going to change this server over to the new game or run both or what?
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:38 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words Tea. It's too soon to tell what we'll be doing when UT2k7 is released. No official policy has been implemented. We'll probably wait and see which way the wind blows before finalizing any decisions. I imagine we'll have 2 servers up, at least for a limited time so we can judge what the player base is for UT2k4 and UT2k7, then take it from there.

achilles
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:12 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only sure thing with UT 07 is.......... Zoe will still use the combo to great effect.. Oldman will still offer tips and keep the rowdies under control while drinking his coffee and sometimes stopping in to KICK SOME Butt.

You are doing fine T. Skill and map knowledge dont come without some time.
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:28 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like UT2k7 isn't going to release until June 07 now. Last time I talked to the guy at the game store it was slated for January 07, but now it seems that they have moved back the release date again. They are going to have to change the name to UT2008 if they keep it up. Oh well its good that they are working out the bugs before release.
OLDMAN(Co30)
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:37 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is they waited for Vista/10X, IF I were making 07 I would have waited, the new maps should be great looking.
is a Nali Poster

Location: Buffalo,NY. A drinking town with a football problem

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:15 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

It got moved back? Good gives me more time to either save up for the rig parts I need, or decide not to bother. lol

By "parts, I mean pretty much everything that goes in the dang case. lol

MoBo/Chip, GfxCard, more RAM, power supply, HDD... maybe. I might just use my new-ish one here,.. I dunno. I prefer smaller HDD for gaming.

I'm toying with the idea of affording a Physics card, and for once in my life getting an actual sound card. I never bothered with the SCard before but since my 2yr old loves music so much, I might get some headphone/ speaker setup thatis switchable with a button press, rather than climbing behind the rig to pull the cord out, lol.

If anyone here is a techie I'm totally open to suggestions on affordable and reliable stuff. Especially in the area of looking for a good MoBO,and processor. Affordability and being able to play say... FEAR is all I'm looking for. Smilie I figure if it can run FEAR well it'll run UT2k7 decently. If they crank up UT2k7's requirements beyond that, then I'll just skip 2k7.
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:02 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Physics card, save your money and get the best video card you can afford.
First of theres nothing ready for it yet so build up your pc with parts and add it later.
Just like the group that have bought the 8800s, why, they will be cheaper when vista and the new games come out so then buy. Zoe and I like the Intel E6600 Cheap and OC well, now I haven't finished my new pc yet and the parts are on the shelf but all I need is the ASUS P5N32 SLI 680i board and away I go.
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:43 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much what Oldman said. Unless you have money to burn, a physics card isn't very cost effective. If your computer is good enough for the time being, start saving up for a new one now. That way you'll be ready when you really do need a new machine.

Prices are dropping constantly. I paid about $2,000 for my current machine including monitor. You'll probably be able to get the same thing or better in June for under $1,500. Take out the monitor, and you'll be under $1,000 easy.

Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:22 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a UT2k7 update. I copied this off Amazon.com

Unreal Tournament 2007
Other products by Midway
Platform: Windows XP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price: $49.95 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details

Pre-Order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the lowest price. See Details
Availability: This item will be released on March 31, 2007. Pre-order now!. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:10 am GMT    Post subject: UT2007 = Unreal Tournament III Reply with quote

Here is a quote I took from toj forums: "It seems like UT2007 has been re-titled to "Unreal Tournament III", and a new trailer has been released. http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/4196/Unreal-Tournament-3-Trailer/

And I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but there's a hands-on review over at Beyond Unreal. http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/180_1.php "
OLDMAN(Co30)
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:32 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to see on sale now. I want a three leg walker I want to stomp a player in the sens skin. Of course I will probley end up with a rocket up my butt. Joker
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:08 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

They brought back feign death! woot! Clap
is a Nali Poster

Location: Buffalo,NY. A drinking town with a football problem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:18 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

ref13x wrote:

awesome. ok I'll be getting this game I guess.

Just keep in mind ppl, feigning death with a shield belt on is still retarded, even after all this time.

I can't even begin to count how many noobs tried to pull that one on me.

"How'd you know I wasn't really dead?"

"Umm,.. You were glowing Gold, and your weapon was still glowing purple."

"really?"

"No, I'm psychic, and here's your sign." Bawhaha
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

ref13x wrote:

Seriously? Damn, it's about time. Reflex, you wouldn't be familiar with it but back in the old days (pre-UT, just Unreal multiplayer), our server was one of the most respected for fair play and courtesy. If a player faced the wall or feigned death, you absolutely did NOT shoot the guy, or you got your butt kicked off the server. Same deal w/ Spawn Camp, Spawn Kill, or Type Kill - it just wasn't tolerated and most players on our server (Vixens Playland) honored that set of principles. When Co30 switched to the first incarnation of UT, everything changed, in spite of our best intentions - lots of new players, all hungry for the frag and many lacking the courtesy that had previously existed. It was very hard for most of us to adapt to this style of play and we still try to keep our servers as fair as possible.

I just wanted my Razorjack bladed weapon - loved sending that sucker around a corner and hearing the "Squish" of deep contact.

ref13x
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:56 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

feldrewCo30 wrote:
ref13x wrote:

If a player faced the wall or feigned death, you absolutely did NOT shoot the guy, or you got your butt kicked off the server.

Ohh...that's not how I use feign death. I used it to be sneaky..lol. I let people run by me then sneak up behind them. Or if I was low on health, I'd feign death till the coast was clear, then get up and beat feet to the nearest health. And without exception...I almost always shot at dead bodies...just in case someone was faking. Razz Not because I was looking for an easy kill, but just in case they were trying to be sneaky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> UT3 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: