FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

Laser Mouse, but no Laser Mouse Pad!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> Tech Talk & Hardware Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:00 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feigning death was always obvious in the UT99 version. The player would fall in an un natural way compared to a real death. When playing with or against feigners you quickly learned to splatter any thing laying on the floor. It was never used as a "i'm busy or talking" in my circles (pre-Co30) it was always a trick to catch you passing by. A feigned death would end the moment you fired a weapon or moved. With the goo gun you were able to load up a full load and sit there though, waiting to fire. Any other weapon you'd pop up.

In the older UTs when you were killed you didn't evaporate like we do now into a green ghost. You'd die and lay there waiting to be further gibbed with a nice rocket combo. UT99 was much more blood and guts messy, in your face killing.

I guess for feign to be usable in UT2007 they be getting rid of the ghosting death thing then. Thats good. I always like to gib up an opponent.

In UT99 I remember facing a wall or stood in a corner to indicate not playing.
tehswift(Co30)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:08 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

so in a way feign death is not really going to reduce spam as much as it's going to encourage it because now people are going to be paranoid about someone playing possum and start firing off more spam. Ah well..I've never really had much of a problem with spam anyway..I just think it's funny whenever I read the reviews saying how they're trying to cut down on spam and it turns out they're really not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> Tech Talk & Hardware Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: