FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

Names
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OLDMAN(Co30)
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:44 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I more into wood working, but a few years ago the local paper started a piece on the valleys history, funny lived here all my life and boy the history we had.

They started with the steel mills and rail yards, turns out there were like 50 iron mills in the Mercer/Lawerence county back in the 1800s, two of which were just down over the hill in West Middlesex, infact theres still the brick furnance down on campground road, never knew it till I started a google search. From there I looked into the rail yards and of course came the pictures of back then. I just kind of move around the area looking for other info and got really hooked on are valley.

Just this past month the paper started looking into the trollys from Sharon to Youngstown, of course I got hooked into it all over again. The pictures of Sharon and Farrell back then, funny I still remember my dad going to the Ice house in Sharon picking up a large block of ice for are "icebox" lol.

From time to time I grab a large coffee and bag of munchies and just start typing into the past of Mercer county and the history just comes to life, not hard to get hooked on what I could find next.
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:31 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always liked history myself and I took several courses at university (graduated June '06) while getting my Computer Mathematics degree.

Quote:

HIST 2005 [1.0 credit]
England During the Middle Ages
A study concentrating on the political development of medieval England, A.D. 410-1485. (Field a)
Lectures three hours a week.

HIST 2203 [1.0 credit]
Early Modern Europe 1450-1789
The cultural, religious, and political development of Western Europe from the fifteenth to eighteenth centuries. Focus is upon key episodes of the period: Renaissance, Reformation, Scientific Revolution, Enlightenment and French Revolution. A particular emphasis on developments in art, culture and intellectual life. (Field a)
Lectures three hours a week.

CLCV 2305 [1.0 credit]
Ancient Science and Technology
The development of science and technology in the ancient world and their practical application in such fields as ancient engineering, machinery, metallurgy, transport, building, agriculture and Hippocratic medicine; the position of the craftsman and artisan in society, the attitude of the intellectuals to science and manual labour, and the effect upon technological development of the institution of slavery. This course is suitable for students with no previous knowledge of Greece or Rome. (Also listed as TSES 2305.)
Prerequisite: second-year standing or permission of the unit.
Lectures two hours a week.

I enjoyed the classes, but not so much the essay writing. I can write a mediocre essay, but don't ask for anything better. Very Happy

Atvar
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:06 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get alot of questions about name.Played Pimpwar and was looking for a name related to,job description, so Hodad.Also I've surfed most of my life and an "unskilled" surfer in the 60's was known as a hodad so it fits with my skill as a player in Ut ! Very Happy
MaximumCat
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:02 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

My in-game name is something of an anomaly. I created it as something of a joke, but people loved killing my character so much, I kept it. That name is, of course... Butt(_(_)Slut

As you know, I am anything but the person people expect of a childish name such as that, and I believe it adds to the flavor of the gaming experience. =)

I really like the Co30 server, and all of the people who play regularly on there. Good folks, most of whom can slaughter me in their sleep. Kudos to those who are responsible for setting this awesome server up!

-MaximumCat (Butt(_(_)Slut)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximumCat wrote:
My in-game name is something of an anomaly. I created it as something of a joke, but people loved killing my character so much, I kept it. That name is, of course... Butt(_(_)Slut

As you know, I am anything but the person people expect of a childish name such as that, and I believe it adds to the flavor of the gaming experience. =)

I really like the Co30 server, and all of the people who play regularly on there. Good folks, most of whom can slaughter me in their sleep. Kudos to those who are responsible for setting this awesome server up!

-MaximumCat (Butt(_(_)Slut)

Where've ya been? I hope you didn't go do something stupid like get a life or something Joker Anyway, stop on in. I don't get to play opera singers too often Smilie
Groove{hLk}
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:10 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont even know where to begin with the names i have used over the years.
ive been playing unreal since 98 when it came out ( not that bastard ut99 ) but the first one, still play that alot btw. My first unreal name was munkyfinger.net ( shameless plugging ) , that was the name of the band i was in at the time. then i narrowed it down to just munky. Then one of my friends bought me a bumper sticker that said Fuhkengruven so for the longest time i was Fuhkengruven{hLk} then Gruven{hLk} and now just
Groove{hLk}. btw hLk = havoks lethal knights , havok being our fearless leader.

btw if anyone would be interested in playing the first one let me know and ill load it up on my ftp and give ya link.

i love playing with you guys in the co30 server Clap
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:47 am GMT    Post subject: Name Reply with quote

I realize this is an old topic but I thought i would post anyway. I got my name "Captain Teabags" from the guys at work. I was the first guy in my cubical to turn thirty so the younger guys started calling me teabags, i guess it has something to do with an old man's sagging bags. Then somehow it turned into Captain Teabags and they have called me that ever since. So now I use it in Unreal. For those who are interested I am a thirty two year old Tool & die maker from the Grand Rapids, MI area. I think you guys have a great server, I don't play anywhere else.
birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:54 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL - how many guys are in your cubical ? Shocked heee..heee... Razz

Hook2H8 is from up your way, I'm originally from across the river up by Port Huron MI. Now long moved away... miss the Lake.
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:22 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

birch wrote:
LOL - how many guys are in your cubical ? Shocked heee..heee... Razz

Hook2H8 is from up your way, I'm originally from across the river up by Port Huron MI. Now long moved away... miss the Lake.

There are four of us in the cubicle. I live about a half hour drive from Lake Michigan, beautiful beaches, i can imagine you do miss the lake.
birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:03 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup .. was a block from Lake Huron. So I guessing if there is 4 of you in a cubicle you're on the CAD end of the tool and die mfg process then ? Or do you get involved in the whole process ?

ps - sorry about the earlier cubicle smart ass remark, just that in my neck of the woods a cubicle is for one person's office, not 4. Modern times i guess..
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:33 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

birch wrote:
Yup .. was a block from Lake Huron. So I guessing if there is 4 of you in a cubicle you're on the CAD end of the tool and die mfg process then ? Or do you get involved in the whole process ?

ps - sorry about the earlier cubicle smart ass remark, just that in my neck of the woods a cubicle is for one person's office, not 4. Modern times i guess..

The company i work for has a wierd arrangement, I think they were too cheap to pay for all of the dividers so everyone could have their own cubicle, so they broke up the room into 4 sections with 4 people in each section. You guessed correctly, I am in the die design dept. I design sheet metal stamping dies. When we are slow, like we are right now, I either end up helping out the estimating dept., or if they are slow I get put out on the shop floor working in one of the build bays.
Where about in Canada are you? What do you do with your time Birch?

PS- no need to apologize, I thought you were laughing about the teabags thing. I didn't even realize you were being smart.
feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:54 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kind of a hoot how T-bags got his nickname - it's all in good fun, which is cool.

achilles
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Gruven......... I remember that one.

Like Groove I am an old ( 56) Unreal player. I was originally Onehunglow but added a touch of class to it once I joined {OF}

achilles with no caps. Achilles with seems kind of arrogant and I'm not that good. Just remember achilles got it in the end because of his heel.

I cut mine off playing touch football with a bunch of coeds while a junior in college. Got gangrene and almost lost the leg.. Long long recovery. voila achilles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: