FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

Names
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarge(Co30)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:59 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

flak_spray wrote:
When I made this account I still was using fecal.

And now your account has now been updated for you to flak_spray.
3NF
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:56 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

3NF - Came up with it when I starting playing Q3 as a graduate student in the ultrasound lab ~1998? At the time I was taking a CS course on Databases and we were studying a normalization topic - Third Normal Form

Today, I like to think of it as Three Nude Females Smilie
Hook2h8
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:24 pm GMT    Post subject: Hook2h8 Reply with quote

Mine was given to me by a clan I was in a long time ago. One of my employees got me started gaming with Kingpin Life of Crime. I started about 5 years ago. Well there was a mod for it that had a grappling hook to fly around the rooms. Instead of using it to move around I would grapple somebody to me and double barrel shotgun their head off after I pulled them face to face Smilie Hence the Hook2h8 was born. Kind of like 2k3 translocator, I used to play whole matches just killing with the trans, and won a few of em Smilie
feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:46 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

hook, shotgun, headblast - hey dude, remind me NEVR to piss you off! Sure glad you're a Crusty now!

ugh, the Translocator - when we first started ut04, it was unbelievable how good some folks were with that thing. They'd never pick up a weapon, just telefrag people all over the server. It got old real quick.

Kjartan
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:07 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I adopted the name Kjartan from one of the central characters of the Laxdaela Saga (one of the Icelandic sagas; this one is concerned with the transition of the vikings from paganism to Christianity). I don't know why anyone finds a particular character (whether fictional (e.g., Sherlock Holmes, Hannibal Lector), or -- as in this case -- historical) interesting or compelling, but I found Kjartan's character to be both of these; and though his story was tragic (he dies in the course of a several generations long blood feud -- killed by his best friend, Bolli), the manner with which he met triumph as well defeat seemed eminently admirable to me. So, the long-and-short of it is that taking his name is a sort of homage to his life and to his character.

Joker
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:29 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you of Nordic decent? A buddy of mine from work is. He, and his family are pretty involved in Nordic festivals, and heritage organizations. His parents may move to Norway when his father retires from the police force. He went to Iceland a couple of years ago (loved it), and his family may go to their ancestral town in Norway for Christmas this year. I can't think of a better place to go for Christmas, except maybe Germany.
Verchiel
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:52 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

my name... originally started as [AAA]Virgil in the beginning of UT2004 Clans for me...

Verchiel however came around in my second Clan, {ARCH}...

We were teh "Arch Angels" and if you cannot guess Verchiel is an Arch Angel...

here are a few links pertaining to him:

Information (just scroll down and find him): http://www.sarahsarchangels.com/angelofday/V.html

Picture: http://famillemaasboutet.free.fr/verchiel.jpg

Server: SS Playground <-- Reg Weps/Insta Votables
Kjartan
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:45 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: Zoe -- "Are you of Nordic decent?"

Answer: Actually, yes! Very Happy

I'm Norwegian on my mother's side, but I'm a mix on my father's side (German and English). However, though I did get some of the distinctive Scandinavian features (e.g., blonde hair, blue eyes), it is my English heritage from which my only "claim to fame" derives -- my great . . . great grandfather was Noah Webster (I only recently found this out, so please excuse my sharing it, but I thought it was pretty cool Wink )

Anyways, how 'bout you?

Clap
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:44 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

3/4 of my grandparents were 100% German, the other 1/4 is all kinds of stuff. As for famous ancesters, it's alledged that Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman was a distant relative of mine. I haven't researched it, so I don't know the validity of that. I'll have to look it up sometime and see if I can trace it back.
Kjartan
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:17 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!
Sherman was one of the most successful Union generals (I'm sure you know all this asskisser ), but it's always cool to know where you came from and what some of your DNA has done in the past Very Happy
OLDMAN(Co30)
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:06 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Kjartan Does your mon still have family overseas and what part or town did she call home? Have you ever went over and checked out the roots of your being? I live for History of the past, and was suprised at how much my area had.
Getting back to you if I may ask since I see you on the server, how old are you and what do you do for a living?
O and BTW Thanks for DM-Cypress pretty map and I know where you like to snipe from so I be sure to hide in the brush and look your way for a nice head shot if you do not find me first.
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:02 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

my nick was from an old Dr.Dre rap song and somehow I remembered it ( one of those white kids that loved rap back in the late 80s early 90s in high school) lol Pound when my best friend and I & our girls went hiking and got lost and I keep joking and saying, " we are not going to make it, let me just take a dirt nap and I will be ok. It was funny at the time, one of those had to be there moments. Rolling Eyes
Kjartan
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:19 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATTN: Oldman

RE: Occupation, etc.

Heya, Oldman, I'm 29 and I graduate from Ohio State U. this Spring quarter (Summer quarter at the latest, depending on whether one of my classes counts in a certain subject area). I was in the USMC infantry prior to going to OSU, so I've been using the GI bill. In the marines I was a machinegunner, so if I can find a way to make my machinegunning skills transfer to the minigun -- watch out! Cool

At any rate, as far as occupation goes: my wife (who is also graduating this spring) is getting her teaching credential this coming year (to teach high school English) -- this is where it starts getting complicated, but I'll answer as briefly and succinctly as I can.

My wife needs a teaching credential.
California's teaching credential transfers to all 50 states (Ohio's doesn't).

I'm going to graduate school in the Northeast, but I need to wait a year until my wife gets her credential for the following reason: that way, no matter what state I get my masters in (2 year program), and no matter what state I then get my PhD. in (4 yrs.), and then no matter what state I end up "professing" in (university prof's face a nat'l market -- so you really don't know where you'll end up) we don't have to worry about her re-credentialing every couple of years wherever we go.

So, the short version: I'll be working for a mapping company next year in California while she gets her teaching credential, but after that I'll be going back to grad. school for the following 6 years (5 yrs if I can get done quickly -- not likely, unfortunately).

Oh, yes, what subject . . .
I'm majoring in English literature (focus in middle to early modern English literatures).
I'm minoring in math and Classics (i.e., Classical Greek & Roman history and literature).

Hope that answers your questions!

I gather from what I have overheard while playing that your occupation has something to do with cellular phones and towers and so on, but I'm largely in the dark OMG

Joker
Kjartan
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:34 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh!

Re: Family overseas.

Yes, my mom's family still has relatives in the Oslo area, but I'm not sure where else. I've personally never met them, though several of my aunts (on my mother's side) have been over there. I'd love to go over there, perhaps someday I'll get a chance to go.

I, too, have an interest in history, but right now it is what we'd call in the "developing" stage. The funny thing is, I never realized until a couple of years ago that I would be interested in history, but then I picked up this book on ancient Greek history (just for the heck of it, I'm ALWAYS reading something or another) and suddenly realized how blind I'd been before; for it now seems to me a sort of blindness to live in the present with no real knowledge of the past -- how this particular present came into being instead of another. So, I've developed a great interest in history over the last few years.

Book recommendation: a series which I recommend above all others is William Durant's "Story of Civilization" in 11 volumes (they are the result of his life's work). I cannot commend or recommend these books highly enough, unless I were to attempt to "light up the sun with a candle," as the saying goes. If you like history, I'm sure you'll like these. Amazon is likely to be your best bet for obtaining them, if you're interested.

Anyways, enough jabbering from me for the nonce!

I'd like to hear what aspects or periods of history interest you!

Joker
Kjartan
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:34 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATTN: Oldman

I'm really glad that you liked Cypress.

Thanks for letting me know!

One other thing: if you liked Cypress you may also like Anschar (different size and design, but a similar aesthetic appeal).

here's a link: http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=8804

Oh, and I thought I'd let you know that I really like your clan's homepage set-up, it's very nice and intelligently designed (unlike MANY other clan webpages).

Also, I always enjoy playing with the Co30 clan! So, thanks for letting me participate!

Joker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: