FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

Names
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:42 am GMT    Post subject: Names Reply with quote

So how'd you all get your in-game names?

Mine used to be LXSKLLR, it was an inside joke that amused me for awhile. I changed it to ZoŽ (my daughters name) when I wanted to give online ctf a try. I tended to do stupid things when playing bots like getting lost, and returning the flag to the enemy base Embarassed , so I changed my name to keep from ruining what little rep I had established. I was lazy and didn't change it back so after awhile people started to know me as ZoŽ, so I didn't want to change it back. Besides, it makes me smile when the game says "ZoŽ is on a rampage" ( even though that doesn't happen often).

Some of you I know where your name came from. Like Oldman, ask him about his first overclock some time. It involves putting talc on wooden rods so the beads slide faster Joker .

How about the rest of you?
OLDMAN(Co30)
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:50 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

From work, the other Techs call me that, and when I started UT figured why not, then you get someone ask how old I am and I respond and find out their 12-16 OMG

ZOE buddy laugh now but hope you have as much noodle hair when you get to be my age, or will you be using Johnsons paste wax to shine it? Joker
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:21 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atvar came from a alternate history book series I really liked. Worldwar by Harry Turledove; where an alien race invades Earth during the height of WW2. The aliens are commanded by Fleetlord Atvar. Very Happy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldwar

Atvar
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a long standing short form nickname derived from my last name. Cool
feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:02 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, looking at Atvar's post, I always knew that kid was from another planet! Joker

My name is a combination of my wifes' name and mine. When we were dating, everyone said we should call our children a combination of our names (Felica and Andrew). But no, our kids are not named Feldrew and Drewfel. However, my cat is named Kiba Dachi, for any of you martial arts fans! Bawhaha

Sarge(Co30)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:13 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time when all we could play was UT-GOTY, a group of fellas at work (including b][rch) got me interested in this weird online cult, I I mean community. I'd hear them talking about frag this and frag that over lunch and shock combo whores like bertroid and sniper rifle campers, etc, etc. They finally got to me, and I broken down and bought (via payroll deduction at work) the best Dell (Dimension 8200) that they had to offer at the time. When I got it home and opened it up it was black! I had never seen a black computer case before, cool. So my first nickname was Blackdell.

After some playing and though a few suggestions I switched to a reference to a nickname I had in school and it morphed into Sgt_Schultz (and no my avatar is not a photo of me, but of a character from Hogan's Heros, for you older people who may know the series). I used this nick for a long time, even for a while after I became a Co30 cult, I I mean clan member Dec. 1, 2003. It wasn't too long after that that people just shortened the nick to Sarge, because they are lazy or bad typists I guess Wink So here I am...still Sarge (with no real reference to the military although I was a legion member for a number of years while I live in the Arctic).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:16 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Buttfields were obscure characters from the Tiny Toons. They were a family of overweight slobs with enormous asses. My favourite was Bottomley Buttfield, but my internet searches can't find any references to him at all. Maybe it was all in my head.
tehswift(Co30)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time me and my friend Nate were sitting around, bored of course, trying to find a one word screen name for AIM..(you'll never find one, it's impossible.) I tried the word swift..didn't work, but the word swift amused me so I put teh ('teh' is a common typo of 'the' for those who don't know,) in front of it and have used it ever since. I'm easily amused if you haven't noticed Very Happy
BuZZ(Co30)
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:14 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is too easy. I keep what's left of my hair very short.... Bawhaha
OLDMAN(Co30)
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:51 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuZZ(Co30) wrote:
Mine is too easy. I keep what's left of my hair very short.... Bawhaha

You asked for it, So when are you changing it to Shine(Co30) Rolling Eyes
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:05 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey long time since I posted anything. Good topic Zoe.
Like Birch my name is a nichname from my last name (Cowing).
Just a city boy from southwestern Ontario. Thumb
birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:08 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboy wrote:
Just a city boy from southwestern Ontario. Thumb

b][rch(Co30) <- Sarnia, now in Ottawa watching the Gov. waste your tax dollars ! Wink
flak_spray
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:44 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't ask Smilie It has to do with the flack cannon.
feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:52 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

fecal_spray wrote:
Don't ask Smilie It has to do with the flack cannon.

Hey, yer a good player - but your name just turns my stomach. Even Flakal Spray would be an improvement. How about Flakulence? The Flakulator? Flakula? FatherFlak? MaxFlak? El Flakador? Flak Flunky? Flakulicious? Laughing

flak_spray
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:59 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use fekal spray in game. When I made this account I still was using fecal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: