FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

UT, I'll miss you.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:26 pm GMT    Post subject: UT, I'll miss you. Reply with quote

Copy of post on ToJ forums:

Blackbeard wrote:
Here is a Very Good Article about the future of the Unreal Series, we were all a Little disapointed with the outcome of UT 3, Read this and judge for yourself Smilie

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/unrealtournament2007/news.html?sid=6199622

It doesn't look like there will be another UT Crying or Very sad . Read this, it kinda indirectly confirms it :(. http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=12194

It appears that UT3 is dieing a slow painful death. Just for kicks i looked on xfire to do a comparison. CoD4 and UT3 came out roughly at the same time in Nov of 2007. I looked at the # of populated servers for CoD4 and for UT3 on saturday night 10-18 and this is what I found:

UT3 listed 483 servers which had about 50 servers populated.

CoD4 on the other hand had 13,111 servers of which about 2500 were populated.

The UT series had a nice long run, I hate to see it go . It pains me to say it but It looks like ToJ's UT Chapter's last days may be near at hand. Crying or Very sad
Atvar(Co30)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:44 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Tea, we will remain. So you are welcome to visit our good old UT2K4 server. Very Happy

I am not much for realistic multiplayer as I end up dead too much of the time, so I don't think COD4 is much for me...

Atvar
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:53 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[UPDATE] Epic vice president Mark Rein has now confirmed to GameSpot that "Midway is still very much the publisher of Unreal Tournament 3." The two companies have straightforward publishing agreement not contingent on licensing, and are even working on a "major expansion" to UT3.

Seems there might be life yet. But with the current activity levels it's on life support.
feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:20 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never bought ut3. As long as there's ut04 servers - particularly ours - I'll play the game.

achilles
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:04 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joker
Us Old Farts dust occasionally.. Been awhile here. Pound

Take care all of you.. and have a good year!

{OF} achillles
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:18 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Achilles!! How ya been man? I hope you had a good xmas and everything. Stop by the server sometime, or if you're still playing UT3, leave an ip address. I can't remember last time I played, but it'd be cool seeing what you're up to :^)

achilles
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heya zoe! I'm still doing Ut3 . Made the mistake of un installing o4. Pound
Usually at UMG unless the server is lagging out. Or at viper;Again unless the server is lagging out.

Rofl seems the lag is contagious . Some ppl seem to be carriers Mad
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:26 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the new Titan patch and the big sale and free weekends for UT3 on steam there has been a 2000% increase in online play for UT3. We pulled our UT chapter out of retirement Very Happy. We're taking it slow for now and if we get enough guys to come back we'll keep it open and perhaps get a server going again. If you see me in xfire or on steam come join me Very Happy.
feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:05 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

was in Gamestop today with my son - UT3 on sale for $12.99. I'd buy it but my rig can't run it (Dell 02', P4, 2.53 GHz, running a 6800 on the 4x agp bus. 1 GB RDRAM). I probably should have picked it up for my kid - who's gaming on a Dell from last summer that has 3GB DDR2 w/ a 6600 processor - but he's already addicted to ut04.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> UT3 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: