FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

Give UT3 another chance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:05 am GMT    Post subject: Give UT3 another chance Reply with quote

Many of you guys have said you don't much like UT3. I will admit it plays a lot different than ut2k4, and it has gotten off to a slow and shaky start. After playing it quite a bit since December it has really grown on me. I see a handfull of guys we used to play 2k4 with on a regular basis. Azz3r, Achilles and Pyite to name a few. It just isn't UT without you guys though, I've been playing with the Crusties for a few years now, and its more fun to get shot in the head by a friend than a total stranger Joker .
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:38 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be seeing you online soon Tea. I haven't been gaming much in general, and when I do get on it's usually 2k4. I want to get back into the groove a little more, and I'll probably make UT3 a regular stop. This week I'm busy trying to extract data from obsolete backup tapes, but I'll see ya before the month's over :^)

achilles
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:22 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember Tea > Its not your head Zoe will be shooting.

Wink I miss hearing I've got your back!
OLDMAN(Co30)
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:34 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

achilles wrote:
Just remember Tea > Its not your head Zoe will be shooting.

Wink I miss hearing I've got your back!

One map and you will wish you didn't say that. Rolling Eyes
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:40 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be playing ut3 until I get a new rig, and that could be quite some time.

tehswift(Co30)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt I'll be making the switch to UT3 any time soon, if at all. I just don't like the general feel of the gameplay at all. I wasn't a big fan of UT99, and that's the feeling I got from UT3 when I played the demo.

I'm usually on Xfire, so if you get bored with UT3 and see me on, drop me a line and I'll be glad to battle it out with you in 2k4 Razz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:31 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

tehswift(Co30) wrote:
I doubt I'll be making the switch to UT3 any time soon, if at all. I just don't like the general feel of the gameplay at all. I wasn't a big fan of UT99, and that's the feeling I got from UT3 when I played the demo.

There is a DodgeJump mutator for UT3 that makes UT3 feel much like UT2004.
is a Nali Poster

Location: Buffalo,NY. A drinking town with a football problem

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:20 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been fighting for weeks now to try and enjoy UT3. Even with tons of tweaking, and all kinds of tech changes, gameplay changes and tweaking it still just irritates me how badly the game handles itself.

With so much inane and unnecessary detail crammed into each frame, even though my new pc is kicking it out at ~45-62 fps,.. I can fucking SEE anyone.

I'd install some kind of bright skins mutator, but it involves clicking, dragging, reclicking, cutting copying pasting files into directories until randomly, somehow a mutator sticks... "if you don't have the directory, just make it,.." yeah tried that, don't work.

Above and beyond all of these problems,.. Gamespy. They had to go and attach this pointless turd anvil to the game. I have opened so many ports on my router, disabled and even established exceptions for windows firewall anyway,.. and still, cannot stay connected through gamespy for more than a few minutes at a time. 20 minutes or so TOPS,.. then it's one disconnect after another.

So I've got an Unreal game that is nearly impossible to modify, even the in game options set themselves back to default upon restart, games filled with blurry, overly detailed muck which makes aiming impossible, and a shaky and pathetic connection to going online. Funny, I didn't think I'd bought a console game.
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:41 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

213 wrote:
I've been fighting for weeks now to try and enjoy UT3. Even with tons of tweaking, and all kinds of tech changes, gameplay changes and tweaking it still just irritates me how badly the game handles itself.

With so much inane and unnecessary detail crammed into each frame, even though my new pc is kicking it out at ~45-62 fps,.. I can fucking SEE anyone.

I'd install some kind of bright skins mutator, but it involves clicking, dragging, reclicking, cutting copying pasting files into directories until randomly, somehow a mutator sticks... "if you don't have the directory, just make it,.." yeah tried that, don't work.

Above and beyond all of these problems,.. Gamespy. They had to go and attach this pointless turd anvil to the game. I have opened so many ports on my router, disabled and even established exceptions for windows firewall anyway,.. and still, cannot stay connected through gamespy for more than a few minutes at a time. 20 minutes or so TOPS,.. then it's one disconnect after another.

So I've got an Unreal game that is nearly impossible to modify, even the in game options set themselves back to default upon restart, games filled with blurry, overly detailed muck which makes aiming impossible, and a shaky and pathetic connection to going online. Funny, I didn't think I'd bought a console game.

You absolutely need the latest video drivers for 1. UT3 definitely takes some getting used to. If you have a LCD monitor you can get significant ghosting with ut3 compared to UT2004 as well. Azz3r I know for sure went back to a CRT because his LCD looked like crap with UT3 and his LCD monitor response time isn't that slow.

I have never had a problem with putting mutators on my comp as long as you get it in to right directory. As far as brightskins and stuff look for a server running CustomUT or UTComp or Battle Team Arena, they already have brightskins in them.

I agree with the gamespy thing, that was the dumbest thing epic's done since ut2003.

Also make sure you patch to version 1.2 if you haven't already.

I hope you get your issues solved, UT3 really is a great game inho.
is a Nali Poster

Location: Buffalo,NY. A drinking town with a football problem

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, lol nah, it's not any display problem. I've tweaked the game to be as sharp and defined as UT2004 is for me..which is to an obsessive compulsive degree. It's just that the game is so overly detailed and the characters all blend into the background so much it's hard to tell friend from foe from wall from mesh most of the time.

My two main beefs with UT3 are that the game seems to ignore the fact that I'm wanting to join a specific server hosted by a friend,.. in the same room with me,.. or at his house a few blocks away. He also cannot join if I host, or if our other bud hosts when he's home. It jst seems impossible to join a server unless it's on the master server list or soemthing,..we dunno what the deal is. what's the requirement? Who at gamespy do we have to blow?

and that every 5 or 10 minutes,..something.. I'm not positive what,.. (I suspect gamespy as this only happens with FEAR and UT3) decides that I didn't feel like playing any more. I guess I just wanted to look at my main menu, oh but first the message saying "Congratulations! We're looking out for you, and decided you're playing too much, or got too high of a score, so we took the liberty of disconnecting you from the server. Please wait while we drag our asses loading up your main menu."

the rest of the game itself functions pretty well considering i'm on a pair of 8500Gt's in SLI mode. it's all that fussy "internet connection" stuff that apparently a completely multiplayer game doesn't need to have function properly that's pissing me off.

I bought this rig to play UT3, and I can't.I'm kind of livid. I refuse to buy anything remotely connected to Epic, Midway or Gamespy ever again until they get their shit together, fix UT3's UI and connectivity and personally send me a lifetime supply of aspirin.

not seeing ppl in game all well and good. I can chalk up to my old abused eyes, but this "connection failed" shit isn't my fault. The other 2 handfuls of games I play online stay online just fine,.. all the ones that don't have to get fondled by Gayspy at least. Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> UT3 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: