FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

Copying maps from old install?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:58 pm GMT    Post subject: Copying maps from old install? Reply with quote

I just bought the Unreal Anthology to get all of the other Unreal games, and they were all coupled together under 1 cd key so I had to uninstall my other version of UT2k4. I have installed the new one and was wondering if there was a safe way to copy and paste the maps, textures, etc... from the backup I did of my old install without messing up my new install, or if I needed to just install the maps from scratch? Smilie
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:11 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I do a fresh install I back up my old UT2004 folder, install the new game so the registry gets updated, delete the new installation(not through control panel, just delete the folder), then move my old folder back.

Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:30 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will that work with the new cd key?
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:33 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say it will with 100% certainty, but as far as I know the key is only stored in the registry, so the actual folder won't be affected. If worse comes to worse and I'm wrong, you've only wasted 15 minutes or so Wink

Hook2h8
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:39 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any time I have done a reinstall what I do is copy over the maps, textures, sounds, static meshes. Pretty much anything that is a huge folder. The rest I just let it reset. Oh and I copy my user settings so I don't have to reprogram all my keybinds. It just saves a lot of time downloading every map once again. And I have 13 gigs of maps Smilie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> UT2004 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: