FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

UT99

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:24 pm GMT    Post subject: UT99 Reply with quote

Do you guys still play the old UT99 version? I saw a used copy for sale and I was wondering if people still play it. Is it something I should consider buying?
is a Nali Poster

Location: Buffalo,NY. A drinking town with a football problem

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:53 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

My roomie and I still play it, but mostly just on the LAN here atthe house. I rarely ever go online with it due to all the extra crap ppl have piled on their servers over the years. (super uber ZarkRifle Mod 3,452,671.unr , Mikey'sRoomDarkversion#9,987,.. etc..

See even when it comes to old school UT, I like to keep it simple and play mostly DM and CTF on quality maps.

so yeah if you got a new copy, I'd get my roomie and me to play some games with ya, 'cause you won't be packing all that goofy stuff yet. Wink
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:18 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up buying it, I'll let you know 213 when it is installed and maybe we can play.
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:44 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool Very Happy
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:46 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it installed. It is not quite as fun as ut2k4 but it is close. I am glad I bought it. I am learning more about why 2k4 is the way it is. I never knew that so many maps were just recreations or adaptations of old utgoty maps. I never knew what the heck a nali was either until now. I am also pretty amazed that people still make new maps and stuff for it, and just how many servers are out there and how many people still play it.
Phucko
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:14 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell more people play that then 04 these days.
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:00 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

true dat phucko.
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:47 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

b][rch and I played UT-GOTY (UT99), that's how we got addicted. Wink
birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:13 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost my UT99 install .. and everything else on that drive, on a MBR issue on the HD when installing Vista Beta a while back. I almost felt a desire to reinstall UT99 after seeing these posts and firing up a UT99 dedicated server ... but ... that passed. Wink Good thing my UT2004 was on my secondary drive or i'd of probably stopped playing.

I 'll always remember bertroid (http://files.filefront.com/dm+3rdspacebeacon/;1534605;;/fileinfo.html) DM-3rdSpacebeacon author laughing at me every day at work as he handed me my ass on the end of ... well every weapon the night before. Shocked Never played the original Unreal, just started the addiction with UT99.
Captain_Tea
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:02 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my clanmates have got me started on the original Unreal1. We play the coop games mostly, its pretty fun. I heard someone is working on a coop game for UT2004. So now I have Unreal Gold, UTGOTY, and UT2004 installed. If any of you guys want to play one of these older games look me up in xfire.

Edit: Unreal Gold was only $0.99 on ebay new and sealed. Graphics are cheesy but it is fun and plays well.
Groove{hLk}
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:23 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still play Unreal Razz hLk has 4 servers running , i couldnt stand ut99 the weapons were to powerfull and took less skill to use than u1 .. And honestly i think u1 takes more skill to play than 2004 .. Its ALOT faster Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: