FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

Working on a map for exclusive Co30 release.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
is a Nali Poster

Location: Buffalo,NY. A drinking town with a football problem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:23 am GMT    Post subject: Working on a map for exclusive Co30 release. Reply with quote

This is my first time mentioning it to anyone. Started working on this last week when my 'net and cable went out due to a snow storm.

It's so far only ready for human vs human testing. If anyone's interested in helping me playtest this please let know who and where to send it to. Smilie

Not all the decos are done yet either, I just need some feedback on gameplay and ideas really to see if it's worth finishing.

(and just so ya know Oldman, the original map I'd started is sitting on my old HDD, which until I find some kind of PC cleaning kit of some kind, or some extremely small screwdrivers is not usable. :( I need to clean under 2 fans which I cannot remove without some mini-phillips-head screwdriver... grrrr)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:20 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send it to me..i'll try it out.

t r 0 u b l i n g @ y a h o o . c o m (that's a zero in tr0ubling)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:46 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I'll test it and give you some feedback.

Last edited by tehswift(Co30) on Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:25 am GMT; edited 1 time in total
OLDMAN(Co30)
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:50 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice be glad to test and feed back for ya. jwudl at adelphia . net BTW let me know here ahead of time I block alot of shit on my account if I do not know the party.
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:03 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent it to both of ya. Gimme a holla when ever you can guys.
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:37 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a fun little map TCMP! Keep in mind I am definitely no mapper, but I would say that this map you made definitely would have good playability. A little crowded with 10 maybe...but that'll happen sometimes. Some things I would consider adding:

1. The area that goes down around the mini, I'd line that with health vials.

2. The far corner back by the shock, I'd throw a 50 shield down there so people have a reason to go into that corner

3. I'd put some more health on the level. I'm a health whore though so my opinion is biased. Razz As far as playability goes though...plays great! I didn't find any bugs on it. Good job!
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:07 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much thanks ref13x. I'm not done with this on somany levels. I justwanted to see if anyone thought the themewas done too much, or if I had made a general design flaw that I wasn't seeing.

I think I need to open up one more area myself to accomidate more people,.. maybe something more down on the lower levels.. I dunno.

I love the idea for the placement of the 50shield. At first it seemed mean putting it ight nearthe Shok,.. but it may workout after all. I'll give it a try.

Definately keep in mind, the health and item placement isn't even half done. When it's all done I never like to pile ammo right next to the weapon it's meant for. And there will definately be more health. I usually save the Vials and Adrenaline for when I get to the Pathing part of my maps.

I probably should have waited to post this, but like I said I needed soem feedback, and ideas. I'd have never thought to put the 50shield where you mentioned on my own. heh heh
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:15 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definitely a map I would have in my library. Can't wait to see it once you've finished it up!
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:28 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

The theme is great. I was thinking the same thing, opening up the lower level a little more to accomodate more people. I love the fact that the 100 shield and the damage amp are up to where you have to lift jump. Makes it more of a challenge to get to them. The weapon placement is good as well. Definately scatter the ammo pickups though. I like the idea of the 50 shield being behind the shock because there's just enough room to throw a shock combo back there splattering anybody trying to pick it up..reflex Wink Never saw any dips in the fps stayed about a constat 120 on my computer at work, that's really a plus. I hate playing maps where I'm getting great framerate and then all of a sudden walk into an area where I feel like I'm playing in the Matrix. Anywho, I'm loving the map, can't wait to see the finished product.
feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:50 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't had the chance to play it but i will say one thing - on 'industrial' maps, I like the variety given by odd angles, jump pads, and transporters that bounce me to different parts of the map. I'm also a sniping/flak whore, so I enjoy hi/low attacks and counters. Oh, and you need Redeemers - lots and lots of Redeemers!! Clap

birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:18 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pop it in the mail to me - I'm a pretty good bug hunter. Still working on my own piece of crap map (can you say subtract square) and finally, after i don't know how many hundreds of attempts got the network emitters working properly. My problems all started when I started triggering other premade emitters. Now that i've found how they work it seems embarisingly simple ...

Anyway my mail is as follows, remove all spaces. This address will be removed in a day or two to prevent bot mining.

Never mind emailing it - Oldman pointed me to the beta thread @ Unrealplayground.

Cheers,
b][rch(Co30)
birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:31 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map layout is good, the red is an interesting and refreshingly different colorizing approach. One ore two of the upper roof areas felt a little too red for my tastes - but everyones likes are different. One thing i find a little over done are the corona's on the lights. Too .... noticeable. You didn't indicate the map target player count so i won't say anything is too small of too big. Otherwise a nice effort worthy of some hard drive space when it's finished.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> UT2004 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: