FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

heya El.... here's the link for my new guitar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
achilles
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:49 pm GMT    Post subject: heya El.... here's the link for my new guitar Reply with quote

http://www.line6.com/variaxacoustic300/nylon.html

Check the sounds El.. I've played classical since I was 14.. Learned a Segovia? Fernando Sor piece in about 6 months and havent looked bcak since.

This records direct to board or in my case. Guitar port with no amp and no cab's.... or my Roland Cube30 in acoustic channel
http://line6.com/guitarport/sounds02.html

My electric is also Line6
http://line6.com/variax/
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:13 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like that electric/acoustic??? guitar in the last link. Very sweet sound, and beautiful to look at. That's a very unique instrument.

Groove{hLk}
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:42 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, id like to get my hands on one of those, the only experience i have had with line 6 is when my band played the warped tour on the ernie ball stage a few years back, they had line 6 amps on the stage for us to use, soon as i plugged my guitar in. I was wishing that i had brought my vintage tube peavey amp. It was awfull to say the least. lol

heres a pic of my first guitar i bought 15 years ago, an american made dean ( made in clearwater fla! , like 2 hours from my house ) since then i have changed the pickups, the bridge is a dimarzio super distortion and the neck is a seymour duncan stacked humbucker. Its fat and chunky just the way i like it

achilles
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:33 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Line6 amp modeling but will say > If you are used to tubes there is no way you will sound right or enjoy the solid state amps ; until you've been able to sit down and dial it in. Once you fiddle about their versatility is fantastic.

I like your Dean and it sounds like a sweet guitar. Warped tour? Ernie Ball stage? Tell us more . I knew you record.. ( Not sure where I saw that so Maybe im mistaken.)

With my Variax electric I get 26 guitars that are modeled. Does the Tele sound just like a Fender.. Well.... I've played lots of tele's and strats. They all have a slightly different sound and very definately different feel. Usa Strat or Mexican.. ect..

Just the lighter weight on this compared to a Les Paul.. Smilie Give my shoulder a break in a good way.

Still there is something about a real pickup.. My sons DiMarzio loaded SG has a certain sound the variax cant get.. Even though Workbench allows it to come close.. I love the altered tuning at the flip of a switch. Being able to change the Pick ups in software is a treat.. also model Capactors , phase and different styles of pots. I'm now running my tele's with a P9- in the bridge postion .. Ala Jeff beck sound.

The nylon just arrived today.. Smilie off to play..
Groove{hLk}
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:14 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm there is nothing like the warm buttery saturation of a tube amp, i had a pretty nice randall solid state amp and a digitech gnx3, sold em both after 3 or 4months .. it sounded ok live , but not recorded.. im not sure what it is but tube amps just sound so much better for recording than solid state amps..

yes a few years back my band was in a battle of the bands put on by ernie ball , over in tampa .. we didnt win lol .. we are the only straight up rock band there amongst a sea of punk bands..

i need to get some pics of my 1969 fender nylon string classical guitar ,that i bought at a yard sale for $50 Laughing .. i cant stand nylon strings so i use ernie ball silk n steels on it , and oh man does it sound sweet .. a few months ago my band that i am in now picked up a string sponsorship from curt mangan strings http://www.curtmangan.com/site/index.php , i tried out a pack of the strings from the local music store here and was amazed at the difference it had
made in my tone. Night and day difference actually .. heres a shot of my faithfull late 70's peavey vtx classic .. 60 watts of class a tube power that can drown out most 100watt stacks , and my radial engineering tone bone tube distortion pedal ( 12ax7 )

you can check out some of my recordings at www.burnstudios.com
www.myspace.com/burnstudios and my bands website for now anyways www.myspace.com/thera .. the first song on our myspace page , i used a program called virtualtube to record my guitar with , as an experiment .. the second song was done with my peavey and tone bone . ehh enough rambling outa me

sory for hijacking your thread to :/
achilles
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:49 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're talking gear.. Dont think for a second that vrtually everyone that enters this forum isnt a gearhead in some respect. Smilie

Odd you have a Fender acoustic also an love it. I have a very old. My guess is early 60's Fender steel string with a Koa body in the Parlor size range. It ABSOLUTELY sings! I picked it up from a student of mine that wanted to go jumbo. He thought he made a good deal.. I knew I made a better one

I'll check out those links tomorrow . Now that I'm done eating dinner; I have a guitar waiting for me. Thumb
tehswift(Co30)
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:09 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

man I love the guitar, I just wish I knew how to play it well. I have an old Silvertone my grandfather gave me. Doesn't produce the best sound but it's good to learn on. I've managed to pick up a few notes here and there but nothing beyond that really. I need to set some time aside and play it more often than I do. You veterans will probably get a chuckle out of this but man it kills my fingers when I play it for a while lol.
Groove{hLk}
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:31 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

ach: yeah man i love my fender classical, because it sounds so good and its easy to play. I love the fat neck on it , and it just sounds so warm and mellow. Deeper and more fuller and fatter than a regular acoustic guitar. I also have a Taylor acoustic guitar but it sits more than it gets played.

:swift , you just gota keep at it. I used to play my guitar so much in the begining, my fingers would litterally bleed. I eventually built up pretty thick pads on the tips of my finger, and it doesnt bother me anymore .. just keep with it!
achilles
is a Nali Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:53 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a week of play; heeheehe for $559. I consider it a bargain when one of the guitars modeled is this.
http://www.zavaletas-guitarras.com/files/maldona.htm

and the other is an 1867 Torres classical that all our combined incomes couldnt even purchase.. ( is Bill Gates a Crustie?)

I apologize for stealing space on your forum Crustie's when the Of's have one of our own. Embarassed
ach
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:29 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

achilles wrote:

I apologize for stealing space on your forum Crustie's when the Of's have one of our own. Embarassed
ach

That's what it's here for Smilie The forum's not much good if it doesn't get used Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: