FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.co30.com

I have a question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> Problems, Help and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuakeNAKED
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:26 pm GMT    Post subject: I have a question Reply with quote

The kiddo and I would like to play on the Co30 server together. I have a desktop, and laptop, connected via a wireless router system so we both can go online. My problem is, I only have one cd key for UT04 (the original one that came with the game of course), and I'm told by Oldman that the server might kick one or both of us if we connect using that same cd key. Oldman also suggested Sarge or birch might know how to get around this? If there's not a simple solution, is there any way that the server can be told to let us both on?

Thanks for the help guys Smilie
birch
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:35 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you're ok - both of you just connect and play. Now if your son gets himelf banned somewhere along the way and you try to play, then theres a problem. Otherwise there "should" be no issues. Just give it a try. If it doesn't work there isn't much we can do for you. You can play with the same GUID (unique ID) on a server but you can't play with the same name.

Cheers.
b][rch(Co30)
feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:47 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw, not that spending money is insignificant, but the game is mighty cheap at some locations - I got a second copy for my laptop when I travel.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16832129122

QuakeNAKED
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:49 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, so far I've yet been able to test if we both can get on the server because I can't seem to get the no cd patch to work, and even when I use the play disk, the stupid thing says it can't validate the play disk. So, I'm beginning to get flusterated here heh.
QuakeNAKED
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:05 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now I'm more than frustrated...the installation of the wireless network has somehow caused me to not be able to play any games. I can't find the cause, because each time I load a game now, my machine totally locks up. If anyone has had this experience after installing a wireless network, would you please tell me how you resolved it?

Sorry gang, you probably won't see me or the kiddo on the server until I can fix what's wrong :( :( :( *i cry now*
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:44 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a firewall issue to me. If you're running a software firewall, try disabling it, then launch the game.

Edit: I'm new to highspeed so I don't know all of the tricks of networking, but if you could post the make and model of your router, me, or more likely someone else may be able to help you out if that's what the issue is.
OLDMAN(Co30)
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:18 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make and Model.

Did you type this message on your Pc wired through the router?

Did you try the internet on your Pc using wireless and it failed?

If it worked wired but did not work on Wireless the Wireless modem {pc} is using a different channel then the router, change channels on the router to match the Pc modem. You may be able to change the pc modem channel to match the router also.

During troubleshooting jot down every change for a look back in case it does not work and you can go back and retry.
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:33 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow...what a day...I ended up uninstalling the network card and router and returning it to the store and getting a different brand. Then while I was installing the new brand (Hawking - and who doesn't think of Arthur Hawking and Quake Master???), I learned that the tech support people from Belkin (the first brand I bought) were so stupid, they had me set up two enabled networks which was causing a windows conflict...thus the locking up. I should be good to go now (taco hell plug). Hopefully, I will see someone on the server very shortly Very Happy

EDIT: well, scratch that...as soon as I started UT04, my pc locked up. So...router brand name: Hawking 802.11G wireless firewall router with 4-port switch model #HWR54G. This pc is not hard wired to the router, so this post is sent "wireless."
Zoe
is a Veteran Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:28 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an article on port forwarding that may be helpful to you. http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Hawking/HWR54G/Unreal_Tournament_2004.htm

I don't really know enough about this to give assistance, but if you're not having issues with a software firewall this may fix it.
OLDMAN(Co30)
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:22 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK you running XP?

UT was playing on this pc, explain what you did to this pc from that point on.

Last question for tonight If your running XP restore point to the last day you knew UT was working, it will complain your missing hard ware but first we get the pc to stop locking then we add the new wireless.
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:08 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes, I'm running XP, and the nice tech guy who was helping me set up the wireless network helped me do some trouble shooting, and we determined that most likely, it was my vid card, as this problem persisted after totally uninstalling the wireless network and going back to my original internet connection and the game still locking up. I just finished installing a Geforce 6200/128MB. I'm going to test it soon...if I get the courage lol. I did make sure I had a restore point set up before doing all of this router stuff...let me get back with you after testing to see if that solved the problem.
QuakeNAKED
is a Newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:59 am GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep....that's what it was, my vid card was going bad. I played 4 maps last night on the server, no problems at all, played a bit of Diablo II to check things out, still no problem. Sorry, false alarm, everybody can go back to what you were doing, yep, nothing to see here, move along. Embarassed

p.s. thanks for being patient and helpful n all asskisser
feldrewCo30
has Posting Diarrhea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:43 pm GMT    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad yer back on. I was gonna say the following if problems persisted:

for folks who use ZoneAlarm, the first time you try to use ut04 online, ZA pops up their usual two warning asking if you'll allow or deny the program access to the internet. Problem is, if you're playing full screen, you won't see those popups unless you minimize. So you have to change your settings to uncheck full screen (or alt tab) so you can check-box YES to allow the access for online play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.co30.com Forum Index -> Problems, Help and Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: